All-Star Level 5 Discounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe it's just my small gym but our coaches care about how our boys (and all our kids for that matter) are doing on and off the mat. Not to say anyone "dwells" on anything but it can be very difficult for high school aged guys who just entered all-stars. Just an opinion though :) I definitely agree with your statement that they are just trying to get them in the sport though!!

To add to that... female cheerleaders get heavily stereotyped too. (ESPN article about "mascara-painted" twinkle teams) ...A lot of society frowns on all star cheerleading, especially at younger ages. The stereotype is comparable to Toddlers and Tiaras, where to outsiders it just seems ridiculous to put your 5 year old in a skimpy uniform, gobs of makeup and have her shakin her thing on stage. But younger girls parents dont get to pay less as an incentive to break the stereotype......

The difference is most if not all those girls have some sort of parental support where as 90% of my boys do not have any type of parental support especially financially

Hmm so is it a social issue or financial issue? Because now you're changing your claim.. I have a feeling we're going to have to agree to disagree here and leave it at that

I have to take slight disagreement with boys being hard to find. I can find boys right now and you can too but someone would have to train them first. Most gyms dont want to do that as adding boys adds a different energy into your program both positive and negative. Especially if they have no cheer background or awareness. It is hard to find availible already trained boys that can already tumble or stunt who want to cheer. That is absolutely true. That is because most of them are already cheering for a program or are aging out.

Some gyms do offer free or reduced tuition to Level 5 girls as well. You just wont hear it openly advertised. The free tuition is a major incentive for anyone to cheer for a program, male or female. Same could be said if you are offering lower tuition for skills.

IIRC some years ago it was posted on the Varsity pages as the way to get boys into the program. In short giving the boys free tuition has almost become industry standard if you want to truly develop a coed program.

on my old team boys didnt have to pay. its harder to field boys for coed teams. idk whatd we do with out them so if it takes charging them less to keep em i guess it needs to be done

I recently saw a cheer tryout packet that gave rebates up to something like $750, at season end, if the cheerleader 1) never missed a competition, 2) missed 3 or fewer practices and had certain skills, starting with toe touch bhs all the way up to doubles. No mention of discounts for boys though. It may not be uncommon, but I'd never heard of it.
that is awesome! i wish my gym did that!

I really feel it is discrimination. Boys Free Girls Pay . What are you teaching the kids? That because you are a different sex you are greater or less value to a program. As far as boys not having the parental support well that is just being a bad parent. Sorry but supporting your kids in what makes them happy as long as it is healthy and productive you should always support your kids. I am not rich by far . I work to pay for my daughter. And I have also worked to help other parents pay for their athletes. I know it is my choice and I choose not to be a part of a program that does this. Equality is a value that is well worth the price.

I really feel it is discrimination. Boys Free Girls Pay . What are you teaching the kids? That because you are a different sex you are greater or less value to a program. As far as boys not having the parental support well that is just being a bad parent. Sorry but supporting your kids in what makes them happy as long as it is healthy and productive you should always support your kids. I am not rich by far . I work to pay for my daughter. And I have also worked to help other parents pay for their athletes. I know it is my choice and I choose not to be a part of a program that does this. Equality is a value that is well worth the price.[/quote
Different gyms handle it different ways, I think its all about how you choose to treat it. If you have a problem with the way your gym handles it I think you should take it up with your owner. I know that often times boys work, camps, clinics and classes to offset prices, but again some gyms are different. I think you should address YOUR program or a program specifically so that defense can be made not just "boys are treated unfairly" bc often times that is not the case.

First of all I am not calling out any program by name. Not going to battle on here over what they think is right and what I think is right. They are entitled to do what ever they want for their program. I was expressing my thoughts and opinions on a subject that bugs me. I think everyone in life should work or pay for what they want. I think NO ONE should be given anything for free because of their sex . Males or Females alike. I have no problems with our current program . I have been lucky enough to find a place where I feel everyone is treated equal. And this is just my opinion. People that can't pay work no matter what sex they are. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying in your post.

First of all I am not calling out any program by name. Not going to battle on here over what they think is right and what I think is right. They are entitled to do what ever they want for their program. I was expressing my thoughts and opinions on a subject that bugs me. I think everyone in life should work or pay for what they want. I think NO ONE should be given anything for free because of their sex . Males or Females alike. I have no problems with our current program . I have been lucky enough to find a place where I feel everyone is treated equal. And this is just my opinion. People that can't pay work no matter what sex they are. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying in your post.
I completely agree with you but what I was trying to say is that I don't think there are many (yes they're out there) that just give free rides. I think there are situations for male and females where things are worked out. And with that I agree. But 100% free rides, no, at least not at my gym. But some gyms choose to do it and if they do I'm not gonna fault them bc that's what works for them and that's their choice.

Think senior discounts to movies, ladies night at bars, minority scholarships to college, etc. Think different health insurance rates for males and females of the same age.

This particular one strikes a different chord with many because the group receiving the benefit isn't typically a "politically correct" one to give assistance to. The underlying principle is the same, however. Do you feel the same about gyms offering completely free tuition and uniforms to their special needs teams? That is discriminatory pricing as well, it just has a more sympathetic group that benefits.

Business-wise, It is essentially a combination of supply/demand and setting up a loss-leader for your business. It works for some, and for others it does not. One of the great things about this country is it's freedoms. Businesses are free to set up their pricing struture how they want, and customers are free to go somewhere else if they disagree.

at our gym boys work off their tuition and girls have the opportunity too; i coached this year and was reimbursed through tuition discounts.

This is what we do at our gym... most kids who need to work assistant coach our level 1/Half year teams, and most of them want to coach after high school so it's a really good learning experience!

At our gym boys do get free tuition, but they pay for their trip fees, which is no drop in the bucket by any means even though we spread the payments out over six months. I believe they also still pay for uniforms as well, which don't come cheap.

I think times are changing at least 1 gym this year is giving 100% Tuition discount for girls with a double full and standing full then giving 50% tution discount for triple toe tuck and a full.

Back