Level Three Stunt Sequence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would say not legal because of this:
Release moves are allowed but must not pass above extended arm level.
Clarification: If the release move passes above extended arm level, it will be considered a toss, and must follow the appropriate “Toss” rules. To determine the height of a release move, at the highest point of the release, the distance from the hips to the extended arms of the bases will be used to determine the height of the release. If that distance is greater than the length of the top person’s legs, it will be considered a toss or dismount and must follow the appropriate “Toss” or “Dismount” rules.
and this:
Release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below. Release moves may not pass above extended arm level.

However, I would think that if you changed it so that it was definitely caught at prep and the flyer didn't go above the height of the bases' extended arms, I would say you're probably ok, because the rules say you can perform one trick in the release.

I would definitely check with someone else to be sure though!

I would say not legal because of this:
Release moves are allowed but must not pass above extended arm level.
Clarification: If the release move passes above extended arm level, it will be considered a toss, and must follow the appropriate “Toss” rules. To determine the height of a release move, at the highest point of the release, the distance from the hips to the extended arms of the bases will be used to determine the height of the release. If that distance is greater than the length of the top person’s legs, it will be considered a toss or dismount and must follow the appropriate “Toss” or “Dismount” rules.
and this:
Release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below. Release moves may not pass above extended arm level.

However, I would think that if you changed it so that it was definitely caught at prep and the flyer didn't go above the height of the bases' extended arms, I would say you're probably ok, because the rules say you can perform one trick in the release.

I would definitely check with someone else to be sure though!

thanks so much! i was thinking of just modifying it as well, and once caught in prep going to block/extension

thanks so much! i was thinking of just modifying it as well, and once caught in prep going to block/extension
As I said, definitely check with someone else- I'm no expert! Good luck with it though! I loved it when I saw Brandon do it and never even thought of putting it in a level 3.
Shimmy for thinking outside the box :p

I'd call it illegal because of passing above extended arm level. It starts below prep level, only has 1 trick, and is caught at prep level so the height is the main concern. It's a judgement call so others may not call it or would only warn it.

Back