OT Looking For Some Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 4, 2012
Okay, I debated wether or not to even post this on here, but I don't have a lot of other options. Okay, Fierce Board is really the only online community I'm a part of so I'm going to share my story here. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by reaching out like this. Okay, so I have a really awesome cat named Puppy. He has skin cancer and I made a gofundme for his medical costs. I'm posting on Fierce Board not to ask for money from you guys, all I'm asking is for you to share the link to Puppy's gofundme campaign with your facebook or twitter friends, or whoever you're comfortable sharing with. I realize that this isn't cheer related, and it's a little odd, but I'm really desperate.

Puppy's Cancer Treatment by Hilary Manning - GoFundMe

If you click through to the link you can read his story, and because I am comfortable with this particular online community, I want to let you know a little more about my situation. I live independently from my parents. I have a full time and a part time job to support myself. I am responsible with my money and have created Puppy's campaign as a last resort. I have been living extremely frugally since I first found out about Puppy's cancer (like, never eating out, i don't go to the movies or bowling or anything, no buying new clothes, makeup, electronics, etc.). What money I don't spend on rent, car, and food goes toward Puppy's vet appointments, his oral medication and my own medical expenses. I live with my girlfriend who also lives as frugally as I do to help save up for Puppy.

I've been working in animal care my entire adult life. I am aware that some pets have illnesses that some people consider to be a "lost cause", meaning even with treatment, there is a very low chance of recovery or a normal life. I would never subject my pet through treatment if he didn't have an excellent chance of recovery. I would also never prolong my pet's life just because I'd be sad if he died. With electrochemotherapy Puppy will be able to live a long and happy life. If you're not a cat person, it might sound weird that I'm so obsessed with my pet. Almost a year ago I moved across the country for a couple of reasons. I miss my family and friends and Puppy is always there to comfort me and make me feel safe and happy.

Please let me know if I'm breaking the rules of Fierce Board and I'll remove this post. Again, I'm not asking for money, just to share Puppy's campaign if you want to.

You're not advertising a business here so as a random I don't know of a reason it's against the rules, though I'll check to make sure.

Good luck getting help with Puppy!

Bumping up my thread & adding Puppy's most recent update!
This morning Puppy's appetite was considerably smaller than it usually is. He has also been drooling. The vet confirmed that these are side effects of his cancer. She also confirmed that his cancer has not spread and the only way to rid him of these side effects is to treat the cancer. The good news is that his recommended chemo treatments have decreased from 7 to 5, meaning our new target goal is $2500. We are a long way away from that goal, but I am still very hopeful.

It is very important that we raise as much funding as we can for him as soon as possible because his chemo treatments need to be spaced 2 weeks apart. They need to happen consistently to have the best effect on treatment.

I want to thank everyone for their continued support both financially and emotionally during this trying time. Please continue to share his link if you can.

Back