All-Star Looks Like Cheersport And Nca Lose More Summit Bids Again

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2015
Looks like 2 of the largest competitions in the country both look like they lost 5 more Summit bids each over last year. That's 2 years in a row both completions lost bids. I believe NCA had 40 two years ago Cheersport I think had 35ish also two years ago. Now both lost 5 more this year from 30 each last year.

Now down to 25 bids total, looks like Cheersport lost 5 paid bids assuming NCA was similar. Cheersport had over 1200 teams so two years ago you had a 1 in 34 chance last year was 1 in 40, now it's 1 in 48. How do you feel about Varsity taking bids away from 2 of the largest most competitive competitions in the country?

I haven't looked it up yet, but is that including the D2 bids? And will the small gym division now be the D2 division?

I haven't looked it up yet, but is that including the D2 bids? And will the small gym division now be the D2 division?

Just went to their sight it appears they will be awarding some d2 bids there too. But correct me if I am wrong Isn't the D2 Summit going to be going on roughly same time in Tampa? I think Varsity might be surprised by number of teams that will pass on D2 to compete at Disney.

When do we get more info on d2 summit?? I was curious to know if you compete in d2 if you can't get a normal summit bid? Like if you compete d2 can you only get a d2 bid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went to their sight it appears they will be awarding some d2 bids there too. But correct me if I am wrong Isn't the D2 Summit going to be going on roughly same time in Tampa? I think Varsity might be surprised by number of teams that will pass on D2 to compete at Disney.

Legit, a gym that was in our area before we moved is pulling together either a Jr/Sr lvl 3, maybe level 2, team just so they can actively attempt to get a D2 bid. I think you'd be surprised at the amount of smaller gyms who feel they can't compete for Summit bids and go after D2 because they can also just called it the Summit and parents won't really know any better ;p

What I really like (insert sarcasm) and I don't know if anyone else has noticed this in their area.. We have a 1 day UCA competition in our area.. This competition gives out 3 Wild Card bids, but they are also handing out D2 Summit bids they get 1 paid and 2 @ large. :banghead:

When do we get more info on d2 summit?? I was curious to know if you compete in d2 if you can't get a normal summit bid? Like if you compete d2 can you only get a d2 bid?

What I read is your program has to declare themselves as a D2 program by November 1, 2015. What I don't know is if this removes you from getting a "normal" Summit bid or not.
At every competition your program would compete at they offer Summit bids and D2 Summit bids. So if your program declared themselves as D2 I would "assume":eek: this would mean you could only receive D2 summit Bids... but I could be wrong. :help:

Legit, a gym that was in our area before we moved is pulling together either a Jr/Sr lvl 3, maybe level 2, team just so they can actively attempt to get a D2 bid. I think you'd be surprised at the amount of smaller gyms who feel they can't compete for Summit bids and go after D2 because they can also just called it the Summit and parents won't really know any better ;p

Our gym is small and is borderline on small gym classification and are surrounded by mega gyms but we have always competed large. Daughters team small j3 finished 2nd Summit first U.S. Finals. Won WSF Louisville and Cheersport. Had 4 teams out of 8 make Summit this year 7 out of 8 last.

Varsity took some baby steps with the rule changes this week however D2 seems like how can we make more money.

Our gym is small and is borderline on small gym classification and are surrounded by mega gyms but we have always competed large. Daughters team small j3 finished 2nd Summit first U.S. Finals. Won WSF Louisville and Cheersport. Had 4 teams out of 8 make Summit this year 7 out of 8 last.

Varsity took some baby steps with the rule changes this week however D2 seems like how can we make more money.

I would never argue that a smaller gym doesn't have a shot at the Summit; I was simply relying the mentality of a few gyms that I know of personally.

I do agree it's a money grab though.

I don't know the answer to this. But, IMO, I do not think a program should be allowed to be eligible for BOTH a normal Summit bid and a D2 Summit bid. I think they should have to choose one or the other.

Back