All-Star Looks Like Cheersport And Nca Lose More Summit Bids Again

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To me I see it that they took bids from NCA and Cheersport so that they can offer more around the country at more local events for gyms. If 1/2 the Summit bids were only available at NCA and Cheersport and I'm a gym from Idaho, how is it financially fair to have to pay a butt load of money to travel to one of those competitions to get a bid, and then pay a butt load of money again to go to the Summit? But if they took one away and now there is one more at a comp in Salt Lake City, that might be more feasible. (side note: I'm not from Idaho so I have no idea what's local for them to compete at lol)

What's crazy is people that have over 125 all star kids are now not offering prep teams or making all their prep teams "show teams" so that they don't have to count them and can classify themselves as D2... We have ourselves a whole new level of sandbagging.

Looking at where the bids are being handed out, it's ironic that every Tampa competition has at least 1 bid there. For the most part, it's the same local gyms that attend those local competitions and I believe most(maybe less than most) are considered 'small gym'. I guess this might make it more appealing to the small gyms who get to bring multiple teams?

Side note: Tampa has Busch Gardens and Adventure Island which are 100x more exciting than the Disney rides and Mosi is pretty cool so go Tampa!!!! (and only a hour and 30 from Disney)

Anyone know exactly where in Tampa this is going to be held?

Looking at where the bids are being handed out, it's ironic that every Tampa competition has at least 1 bid there. For the most part, it's the same local gyms that attend those local competitions and I believe most(maybe less than most) are considered 'small gym'. I guess this might make it more appealing to the small gyms who get to bring multiple teams?

Side note: Tampa has Busch Gardens and Adventure Island which are 100x more exciting than the Disney rides and Mosi is pretty cool so go Tampa!!!! (and only a hour and 30 from Disney)

Anyone know exactly where in Tampa this is going to be held?

I've heard rumbling of the Sundome, but not confirmed info.

To me I see it that they took bids from NCA and Cheersport so that they can offer more around the country at more local events for gyms. If 1/2 the Summit bids were only available at NCA and Cheersport and I'm a gym from Idaho, how is it financially fair to have to pay a butt load of money to travel to one of those competitions to get a bid, and then pay a butt load of money again to go to the Summit? But if they took one away and now there is one more at a comp in Salt Lake City, that might be more feasible. (side note: I'm not from Idaho so I have no idea what's local for them to compete at lol)

Yes! Thank you! The teams that have to travel the furthest to attend Summit are also coming from areas that don't have as many, if any, competitions that give out more than one or two paid bids and only a handful of at-larges. There are only 4 competitions that we can feasibly drive to. Two of them don't award paid bids and are only 2 and 3 weeks from Summit. The two other competitions are huge. Our gym did pretty well at these comps last year, but didn't receive any bids. At one of the competitions, 75% of the bids went to a mega gym in our area.

This is why the Wild Card bids are so attractive to our gym. We either spend a ridiculous amount of money just traveling to competitions trying to win a bid, wait for the competitions in our area and scurry to make travel arrangements if we receive a bid, or we go for a Wild Card early and try to upgrade to paid later.

Last edited:

Busch Gardens is great fun!! Also, you are much, much closer to really nice beaches than you would be in Orlando.

Busch Gardens is great fun!! Also, you are much, much closer to really nice beaches than you would be in Orlando.
Yes!! Clearwater is about a 30 minute straight shot ride from Tampa International!

I've heard rumbling of the Sundome, but not confirmed info.
With almost 400 bids to be given out, I don't see the Sundome holding all of that.... The only place in Tampa I could think of that could hold that is maybe the Fairgrounds or the Convention Center? I hate competitions at the Convention center but it's the only place I know that can hold two arenas for teams.

If I remember right, the amount of bids available (within a reasonable distance) to teams in Washington for the whole season was the same as the amount of bids given out at NCA. (I don't include Sea to Sky in that, since those bids were for the 2016 Summit.)
if you're talking Washington state, theres like NO bids around here which is upsetting.
PNW's first bid opportunity is in December this year in portland and you KNOW all these northwest teams are gonna be doing full outs in like august now lol.
WA/OR bids this year
1 paid 3 AL in december (american championship)
1 paid 4 AL in february (spirit cheer)
1 paid 7 AL in february (pacwest)
3 WC bids in march (UCA NW)
total of 3 paid, 14 AL, 3 wildcard.
seems like less bids but maybe not

ETA: looked up info on last year...
spirit cheer - 1 paid 6 AL
pacwest - 2 paid 8 AL
UCA NW - 2 wildcard

sooo the same number of bids, except we added 1 more wildcard for youth. I guess theres also D2 bids but theres really not much up here.

if you're talking Washington state, theres like NO bids around here which is upsetting.
PNW's first bid opportunity is in December this year in portland and you KNOW all these northwest teams are gonna be doing full outs in like august now lol.
WA/OR bids this year
1 paid 3 AL in december (american championship)
1 paid 4 AL in february (spirit cheer)
1 paid 7 AL in february (pacwest)
3 WC bids in march (UCA NW)
total of 3 paid, 14 AL, 3 wildcard.
seems like less bids but maybe not

At first glance I didn't see and d2 Summit bids, but when I looked again I saw that there are several available. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Yes!! Clearwater is about a 30 minute straight shot ride from Tampa International!

With almost 400 bids to be given out, I don't see the Sundome holding all of that.... The only place in Tampa I could think of that could hold that is maybe the Fairgrounds or the Convention Center? I hate competitions at the Convention center but it's the only place I know that can hold two arenas for teams.

That is why I didn't really understand those who kept saying Sundome...I mean, if they wanted to take over the baseball field and add tents...maybe, but that would be pushing it.

Back