All-Star Majors Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My school doesn't do it. We get our diplomas in the mail. They have everyone stand up and declare us graduated and we switch our tassels. A lot of people skip it because it's on the football field, long, hot, and you don't get individual recognition.

The year after I graduated they added another event, so you split up by college/department after the big graduation and you get announced there I believe.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My school did recognize me by name... and took an awful picture. Meh.

I took more pride in the accomplishment than the ceremony.

I don't know how ANYONE could say any of these large senior teams had any sort of good execution. Tumbling not making it around, people omitting left right and center, flopping around/falling out of cradles, errant knees/feet in full up immediate skills. I'd say Panthers/SS probably had the 'better' execution in stunts and Stars looked a bit more awake, but on the whole that was more than seven shades of not cute. I get that these skills are hard, and god bless SE because that pyramid is intense, but something is missing in large senior. Perhaps SSX stole all the awesome for themselves. :D Not sure I would have chosen winners the same, but I'm not familiar with Jambrands score sheet and even I know Stars always does well on it. Not sure it's indicative of the rest of the season.

It should be illegal for SS to win with those jumps, though. You can't tell me they're being fixed when they had horrid jumps at last years worlds and we're now hitting january and I feel like they just get worse.

ETA: I haven't seen GBE, so I don't know what they looked like. But LB looked off and LL has great potential. Cheetahs (minus falls) looks SO much better. Cleaner too.

Maybe they all should hire you to fix everything:)

It should be illegal for SS to win with those jumps, though. You can't tell me they're being fixed when they had horrid jumps at last years worlds and we're now hitting january and I feel like they just get worse.....

Just saying I think if SS didn't jump when there is only about 50 something seconds of the routine left, after standing and running tumbling and their elite sequence their jumps would be better. You can't do your first jumps of the routine when you only have the pyramid and dance left, that's crazy!

totally off topic but if they dont recognize by name what do they do?
One giant ceremony for everyone who is graduating. Everyone still gets their names in the program and all, they just don't come up on stage on by one. For example I know UNC has their ceremony in the football stadium so all graduates and families can fit. South Carolina breaks it up in to multiple ceremonies depending on which school you are graduating from so everyone get the time to go up. And it's still close to a 3 hour ceremony. Everyone together would be like 9 hours long, haha

Okay. I firmly believe this routine is incredible, probably the best in large coed right now, but I wonder. Someone who actually has some knowledge in the matter... How well do spring full spring spring double score? I personally HATE watching them in large groups. I'd rather see them two to whip double (if they could, I'm sure most could), but I wonder if it's something that has hurt them the past couple seasons or if that pass truly does score well competitively against, say, TG who does a big group of two to full whip doubles/two to whip doubles.

Only watched the all girl videos so far but wow many tumbling falls/touches and fulls instead of doubles from really talented tumblers on these teams. Like Ashley from SE barely landed her pass and she never struggles. The 3 final passes on SS busted. Was the floor not so great?
Though, once everyone cleans up their routines (which hopefully they do soon) the level of competition is going to be insane!

ETA: I've seen so many pictures on instagram of competing teams taking pictures together and trading uniforms and its great to see that!

I wish they would bring back BABS old opening!! I loved something different than opening with standing and toe fulls!

Back