All-Star Make Up Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 11, 2011
I am starting to decide what are look for next season is going to be. For the past 6 years I have decided what the make up was going to be i've made it complex lots of glitter to basic grey and white shimmer. But, I always get into with parents saying they wont do it or its to hard or 1 of 800 reason why they dont like it. I think i'm to to the point i dont want to even require a certain makeup. I want to just tell them eyeliner blush and red lips and the can just do what ever on the eye they want.

I need help!!!! Should I still require a certain application of makeup or just let them do what ever they want?

hmm. well personally, i prefer everyone on the team to have the same makeup.

i think its silly that parents complain about it. its not like youre asking them to do it every day >_>

I like it better when teams have the same make up. Maybe come to the middle with them, tell them they need to wear black/brown mascara and eyeliner, red lipstick, blush, then they can do whatever with the eyeshadow BUT it has to be whatever color.

I think you should still require a certain makeup. It makes the girls look a lot more like a team. Just maybe allow for a little bit of variation? Like tell them to do certain colors, but they can apply it however they want. Plus, if you're the coach, you have the final say in what happens on the team. If the parents or the girls don't like it, they shouldn't be in a sport like cheerleading

thats a good idea. i know that my team tried the "makeup however you like" and some girls had blue eyeshadow, some purple, smokey eyes, nude eyeshadow, etc. it was wierd.

I like it better when teams have the same make up. Maybe come to the middle with them, tell them they need to wear black/brown mascara and eyeliner, red lipstick, blush, then they can do whatever with the eyeshadow BUT it has to be whatever color.

I like that and the other thing with that it help keeps cost down. I know in our gym we are trying to cut cost for parents were ever we can

maybe try letting them do their own makeup for a local comp, to see how it looks, and listen to their feedback.
they might realize that not everyone looks the same and will get over the fact that theres specific requirements, it is only a few times a year though, i see where youre coming from! also, maybe the girls should learn how to do it themselves! that would be a good team bonding activity to do one night!

maybe try letting them do their own makeup for a local comp, to see how it looks, and listen to their feedback.
they might realize that not everyone looks the same and will get over the fact that theres specific requirements, it is only a few times a year though, i see where youre coming from! also, maybe the girls should learn how to do it themselves! that would be a good team bonding activity to do one night!

or maybe for a practice?

I like the "team" look. Just some coaches make the make-up so complex and honestly even though it's only 1 or 2 times per month, it's difficult to get the little ones (10 and under) to sit still and allow the application and some of us parents are not good at applying the difficult make-up. It's not that the parents are being "silly" or being unreasonable, some of the requested make-up is complicated to put on and then the coach complains to the kids (who didn't apply it) that it is all wrong. One year the coach had us try to apply a Wave over the eye. So we had a template that you placed over they eye, then blue shadow and then silver glitter over that.

I'm all about uniformity and wearing the make-up, but I think the question really is....What is the trend for cheer make-up? Is it simple natural eyes? a little glitter? a lot of glitter?

The older they get the easier make-up becomes, as they can apply it themselves. On the younger ones where the parents are responsible for applying make-up, simplicity should be considered.

I like the "team" look. Just some coaches make the make-up so complex and honestly even though it's only 1 or 2 times per month, it's difficult to get the little ones (10 and under) to sit still and allow the application and some of us parents are not good at applying the difficult make-up. It's not that the parents are being "silly" or being unreasonable, some of the requested make-up is complicated to put on and then the coach complains to the kids (who didn't apply it) that it is all wrong. One year the coach had us try to apply a Wave over the eye. So we had a template that you placed over they eye, then blue shadow and then silver glitter over that.

I'm all about uniformity and wearing the make-up, but I think the question really is....What is the trend for cheer make-up? Is it simple natural eyes? a little glitter? a lot of glitter?

The older they get the easier make-up becomes, as they can apply it themselves. On the younger ones where the parents are responsible for applying make-up, simplicity should be considered.

Oh how I do love you crazy lady.

Personally, I feel like caked on glitter eyes are kind of becoming a thing of the past...the trending style and what looks the best IMO is just foundation, blush, red lips, black liner & mascara and a gray-black smokey eye.

Just a fyi the blue wave was 5 years ago when the trend was to do costume instead of uniforms and crazy intense makeup

We go natural, I love it. All individually different but we all wear red lips and blush.

Back