All-Star Make Up Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had creme eyeshadow in our gym color on the lid, with eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick. The eyeshadow was super easy even the little kiddos could do it because you literally squeeze a little bit onto your finger and just spread it across the eyelid. Everyone looks the same and its shimmer shiny without being glittery. Also the creme eyeshadow was less than 2 dollars at walmart!

@NJ Coach I LOVE the smoky eye with blush and red lips.

Personally, I like the more natural look better, with lips that pop on stage. All the glitter can be a little overbearing IMO... I like how Brandon does their makeup, I think it looks great. And as far as parents complaining about doing it, thats really silly, their not even the ones who have to wear it all day and deal with it. :) It's not an everyday routine, I think if you want all the glitter then have it that way :), and if some parents don't have to do it, their teammates can help.

We use all powder makeup, purple on the lid, a sweep of white on the browbone, and a little bit of lip gloss. Looks good because it is easy enough that anyone can do it, and let's the little ones feel like they've got it going on!

I really don't get the over the top eye make-up, why make the girls look like they are performing in a circus, especially when it involves colors no one would wear otherwise - bright yellows, bright purples, etc. I really think the natural look is so much more attractive and "professional." Mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, done.

^^^^^ While I was writing I got interrupted and came back and finished. In the mean time, your post came up mentioning purple eyeshadow. I wasn't criticizing your team's makeup, it was a coincidence and I'm talking about a team that I saw that had these bright purple wings sweeping away from the corners of their eyes.
redface.png

I think there should be a basic guideline for how to do it, for example what colors to use, yet let the girls apply it in their own way. It allows for variation yet still has the team look in my opinion. The make up styles gyms require are often not flattering and extremely complex to do, which I dislike!

Check out www.fancyfacecosmetics.com . They have teamed up with Varsity and can match any uniform perfectly..and the girls are sooo nice. I am sure they can give you tips on how to apply for each age level.

Every time I see this thread, I think it's a post about a question to "make up" for another question.

I love our makeup this year. We were issued 'pads' with smokey eye eyeshadow on them - dark on bottom graduating to lighter on top. Take the pad, line it up on the lash line, rub and voila - perfect smokey eye. A swipe of eye-liner and some mascara and you have perfect smokey eyes in less than 5 minutes. Kids can do it easily to because it is just line up and rub.

Some bronzer on the cheeks and some red lip stain and we are done. So, so easy this year. And everyone looks uniform with perfectly blended smokey eyes.

Sure beats previous years where we were gluing glitter everywhere - eyes, lips, etc.

I love our makeup this year. We were issued 'pads' with smokey eye eyeshadow on them - dark on bottom graduating to lighter on top. Take the pad, line it up on the lash line, rub and voila - perfect smokey eye. A swipe of eye-liner and some mascara and you have perfect smokey eyes in less than 5 minutes. Kids can do it easily to because it is just line up and rub.

Some bronzer on the cheeks and some red lip stain and we are done. So, so easy this year. And everyone looks uniform with perfectly blended smokey eyes.

Sure beats previous years where we were gluing glitter everywhere - eyes, lips, etc.
where did you get the pads from?

^^^^^ While I was writing I got interrupted and came back and finished. In the mean time, your post came up mentioning purple eyeshadow. I wasn't criticizing your team's makeup, it was a coincidence and I'm talking about a team that I saw that had these bright purple wings sweeping away from the corners of their eyes.
redface.png

No harm, I knew what you meant!

Back