Male Cheerleaders.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 8, 2013
Hello,

Im 19! and just aged out of my division last season. I graduated from my high school team as captain and 2x. UCA All American. My college doesn't have a team, but I coach a middle school one so Im not out of luck. Although this is true a lot of the time when parents meet me there surprised there little girls coach is a guy! I tell them its not common on all star teams an on colligate levels to find many guys. I was just wondering, whats your idea about male cheerleaders? and Male Cheerlebrities? I find it in, because the sport was started by men, so what do you all think of us in the sport now?

I personally do not have a problem with male cheerleaders. I love seeing guys participate in cheerleading whether it be in all-stars or cheering for their school team. To me, it just makes team more exciting to watch.

I personally do not have a problem with male cheerleaders. I love seeing guys participate in cheerleading whether it be in all-stars or cheering for their school team. To me, it just makes team more exciting to watch.

Thanks! its encouraging to hear, alot of the time the male cheerleader has alot of stereotypes around it but I think alot of them are fake. Alot of the time the other guys on my team were actually from the football/wrestling team. Every one knows baskets go higher with guys LOl. But I love seeing girls toss up one mans!

Yeah I hate stereotypes. They involve assuming. And we all know what happens when people do that. ;)

I love male cheerleaders! I wish the guys at our school weren't bums and would cheer. haha we have a male coach too and he's awesome! I love guy coaches :D

I love male cheerleaders! I wish the guys at our school weren't bums and would cheer. haha we have a male coach too and he's awesome! I love guy coaches :D

Yeah guys really raise the morale of the team. See if some of your friends would join, all the cheerleaders talked guys into it and when they see how much work it really is to be good at the sport they really like it!

I loved being a male cheerleader, fighting against the powahhhh, and stereotypes of society. What other sport can you be in working with beautiful ladies, can't beat that. Well until the coach decides to place you on top of a pyramid at nationals :p

There are a million reasons why I love that my son cheers. My favorite division to watch is Large Coed, and I can only hope that MiniRazzi continues to enjoy the sport as much as he does now, so we can move to Miami one day ;)
Not a fan of the cheerleb thing, male or female, especially since few children are emotionally equipped to handle fame. My Daddy was a cheerleader in the 1950s, so Mini is sort of a legacy!

I love guy cheerleaders. Some of my bestfriends happen to be male cheerleaders. I don't see any problem with it! My backspot is a guy and I don't think we could get much closer! I hate the stereotypes. I just think that if you're good at it or love it then why let anyone stop you from doing it?

I love this post! been a male cheerleader for 12 years and i am so happy my mom got me into it. it has given me the best and most memorable experiences that i can cherish forever! and i play football. it really isn't uncommon for males to cheer, especially in the southern states. over here up north in washington there's still quite a few male cheerleaders though!

I loved being a male cheerleader, fighting against the powahhhh, and stereotypes of society. What other sport can you be in working with beautiful ladies, can't beat that. Well until the coach decides to place you on top of a pyramid at nationals :p

You got to fly at nationals? :X So jelly.

There are a million reasons why I love that my son cheers. My favorite division to watch is Large Coed, and I can only hope that MiniRazzi continues to enjoy the sport as much as he does now, so we can move to Miami one day ;)
Not a fan of the cheerleb thing, male or female, especially since few children are emotionally equipped to handle fame. My Daddy was a cheerleader in the 1950s, so Mini is sort of a legacy!

Thats so nice to hear a parents perspective on the topic! At first my mother was against it but then I showed her Top Guns vids and a few from U of L and Hofstra and she was more then happy to send me to stunting clinics.

I love guy cheerleaders. Some of my bestfriends happen to be male cheerleaders. I don't see any problem with it! My backspot is a guy and I don't think we could get much closer! I hate the stereotypes. I just think that if you're good at it or love it then why let anyone stop you from doing it?

couldn't have said it better my self! Me and my flyer all through high school became best friends, theres a and between back spots and flyers. I love the sport! Cheer has became a drug!

I love this post! been a male cheerleader for 12 years and i am so happy my mom got me into it. it has given me the best and most memorable experiences that i can cherish forever! and i play football. it really isn't uncommon for males to cheer, especially in the southern states. over here up north in washington there's still quite a few male cheerleaders though!

Yeah! In NY theres not many Cheerleaders period let alone males! But im happy New Ro won Small Varsity at Nationals!!! <3 I wish I would have started Cheer sooner! <3

It takes one to start to get them in the door is what I'm noticing. CP's third year cheering. No boys at old gym or new gym the first two years. But this year one awesome, awesome boy on S5 Restricted at new gym, that kid is seriously skilled, and then two boys at old gym. So a start.

Back