Male Cheerleaders.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It takes one to start to get them in the door is what I'm noticing. CP's third year cheering. No boys at old gym or new gym the first two years. But this year one awesome, awesome boy on S5 Restricted at new gym, that kid is seriously skilled, and then two boys at old gym. So a start.

Monkey see monkey do. ;) LOL I guess its not always a bad thing.

thats how it is on my collegiate team! One or two boys... and now BAM we have 8! We had a deal so that the first 5 boys who successfully did a toss hands got free food, and the first 5 who got toss hands press extension got to get 5 bucks. We advertized with hot dogs and other food items haha! Many came in as a joke, and ended up loving it!! :)

I think that male cheerleaders contribute so much to the sport, and it would not be the same without them. Think about it.... those crazy high baskets are usually thrown by guys. Partner stunts of course need males, and quad groups who have a strong male back or bases are reallyy nice to fly on! The tumbling skills from guys usually tends to have more air time, so they can throw more skills (I forever will be envious of boy tumbling!!) I think it takes a huge amount of courage for a boy to join, and break the typical stereotypes that are false. Not many are exposed to allstar cheerleading, or competitive cheer in general, and only see the school aspect. So when non-cheerios think boy cheerleader, they think sideline. It is hard when so many never even see the other side of this amazing sport. I fully support boy cheerleaders, both in allstar and school, and encourage all who are thinking about doing it to start! Whats the worst that can happen? :)

thats how it is on my collegiate team! One or two boys... and now BAM we have 8! We had a deal so that the first 5 boys who successfully did a toss hands got free food, and the first 5 who got toss hands press extension got to get 5 bucks. We advertized with hot dogs and other food items haha! Many came in as a joke, and ended up loving it!! :)

I think that male cheerleaders contribute so much to the sport, and it would not be the same without them. Think about it.... those crazy high baskets are usually thrown by guys. Partner stunts of course need males, and quad groups who have a strong male back or bases are reallyy nice to fly on! The tumbling skills from guys usually tends to have more air time, so they can throw more skills (I forever will be envious of boy tumbling!!) I think it takes a huge amount of courage for a boy to join, and break the typical stereotypes that are false. Not many are exposed to allstar cheerleading, or competitive cheer in general, and only see the school aspect. So when non-cheerios think boy cheerleader, they think sideline. It is hard when so many never even see the other side of this amazing sport. I fully support boy cheerleaders, both in allstar and school, and encourage all who are thinking about doing it to start! Whats the worst that can happen? :)

That makes me so happy! and I really need to get back on the tumble track again! I miss flying into foam pits!

You got to fly at nationals? :X So jelly.

Ha, don't be. The night before we left to nationals, our regular flier broke her ankle during last practice, and I was the emergency back up. Out of 2 other lady fliers, they sent me up for lols.

4835119383698384001n.jpg
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Forgot the terminology when someone raises you/bases you with their hands only. I would run straight to my single "man" base, and he would lift me 180 degrees around while pushing me up. So me on top of his extended hands.

Back