Male Flyer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 1, 2012
hi

from this year in my team there is a new boy who have a small size. he start his cheer career like base, but our coach think he isn't so good to lifts other people...so, now he's a flyer. that's sound strange, but i'm a base and i think he is more light than other female flyer, cauz he's really small and have good skill balance, then he have really good line in most our stunt and is very flexible...so, i'm fine with this and also other girls in team are. but there is one girl in the team who is against. she dont speak about it openly, but it's clear that she is not confident with him, i think for his sex more than for his skill...people are strange.
i dont know if our coach understand her bad feeling whit him, but when she made the pair for the game, put this girl in pair whit the boy. so, in the last 3 match, she had to basing him. she criticized him for all, she say he is too weight for to be a flyer and when climb in shoulder sit on her is a dead weight. it's ridicoulus, because i'have basing him also and i more light than other girls. she move this critic only when she is sure that our coach dont listen her.

there is also another problem: in my country cheerleading isn't much popular...and it's an all girls sport...he had report that stupid people put up stupid jokes about his sexuality. it's not a question gay or no...but he take very bad this voice and now want quit cheerleading.

but is so difficoult to be a male flyer in an all girls team? if he will quit whit his passion i think is a big fail for our squad

Boys fly a lot here in the States! Maybe you should have your coach talk to the girl being mean to the boy. It's obvious that she's just jealous of him! If I were you, I would make a point to keep encouraging him and letting him know that he's doing great. Let him know that you support him and want him to continue cheering. :)

Back