High School Male Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^ god damn they hate each other so much, its really funny to watch tbh. Come on guys, you have to admit its pretty funny!!!

Meh, I don't hate him. I don't know him. I have neither the time, nor the energy, to put enough effort into a message board conversation to hate anyone. HOWEVER, whether it be in person, or online, I have a LOT of fun pushing people's buttons just to see how worked up they can get. It's a lot more fun in person because you can actually physically see their heads spin off their shoulders. It was 2am and no one else I know was awake. so I had to find a way to entertain my insomnia.

Meh, I don't hate him. I don't know him. I have neither the time, nor the energy, to put enough effort into a message board conversation to hate anyone. HOWEVER, whether it be in person, or online, I have a LOT of fun pushing people's buttons just to see how worked up they can get. It's a lot more fun in person because you can actually physically see their heads spin off their shoulders. It was 2am and no one else I know was awake. so I had to find a way to entertain my insomnia.
oml LOL I'm in class trying not to laugh

Hypothetically, if a girl cheerleader decided she did not want to wear the normal girl uniform and opted for the male version, would it still seem as odd if she was a flyer?

Yes. Its visually distracting if all flyers are the same except one. You also cant see the body lines that bare legs/tight leggings create... which is the point of pulling body positions in the air.

Whoever can hit the stunt goes in the air, anything other kind of rationale solely based on genitalia is honestly stupid.
I'd like to point out: this isn't a decision made solely based on genitalia. If a M to F transgendered athlete (who still has male genitalia) wants to fly, it's not a problem; she fits the aesthetic of 'males on the ground, females in the air.' And IMO it looks better. All-star is a different environment, but what some people might not be considering is that you have to market high school programs in a manner that makes them palatable to potential male athletes. Many guys don't feel comfortable flying. It works at some schools, and that's great (they are free to do whatever works for them) but at others, it doesn't.

So do you think it would have put you off if the team you were thinking of joining had a smaller boy as a flyer? Just curious.

I'm thinking most boys are still "big strong bases" so it shouldn't define the whole team if 1 or 2 are not. Boy flyers have got to be pretty rare even if coaches are accepting of it.

In our area, yes 100%. You wouldn't get another boy to join that team. The assumption would be that they would be expected to do the more feminine parts as well. I font necessarily agree with it, but it what would happen, in fact I have seen it happen with a local all star team. They had a boy who could keep up with the girls in the dance, so they let him work it. He was the only boy to sign up the next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I mean there are girls who fly like that too, not just boys...
729ce60227cf4a7601596f6e9d971ce4.jpg

Ive been waiting since last summer to use this here.

I'd like to point out: this isn't a decision made solely based on genitalia. If a M to F transgendered athlete (who still has male genitalia) wants to fly, it's not a problem; she fits the aesthetic of 'males on the ground, females in the air.' And IMO it looks better. All-star is a different environment, but what some people might not be considering is that you have to market high school programs in a manner that makes them palatable to potential male athletes. Many guys don't feel comfortable flying. It works at some schools, and that's great (they are free to do whatever works for them) but at others, it doesn't.

Whats your source of information that supports that point?

Who says the aesthetic 'males on the ground, females in the air" actually holds any weight. I have coached all star and high school so I understand the differences between the two very well. I will still put whom ever looks the best in the air, in the air nothing else matters. A scoresheet is a scoresheet and the only place you can possibly been penalized is overall impression category which is bs anyway.

Whats your source of information that supports that point?

Who says the aesthetic 'males on the ground, females in the air" actually holds any weight. I have coached all star and high school so I understand the differences between the two very well. I will still put whom ever looks the best in the air, in the air nothing else matters. A scoresheet is a scoresheet and the only place you can possibly been penalized is overall impression category which is bs anyway.

I didn't make that post, but I've got 17 years of evidence backing up the fact that high school boys in our area WILL NOT contemplate cheerleading as an option if they think for 30 seconds that they are going to have to dance, jump, or do anything that a girl is supposed to do.

Back