All-Star March 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love that little boy on Vizion, and I hate that there are some people who have serious issues with him flying. When his form in the air is that beautiful and clean, it would be so dumb not to fly him.

Although I do hope he learns to base, just in case of a massive growth spurt.

CA RoyalCats UCA sendoff. This capped off a week of lots of hits I just hope they remember that and take that confidence on the mat this weekend. Fingers crossed for them [emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC Shooting Stars local comp

WC shooting stars back corner view

I kind of love the back corner view, and hope the coaches watch it to clean up a few things (re: back jumps.) Also, I take back what I said about the skirt ruffles a few months ago. They have grown on me tremendously. I still hate the fake corset, but baby steps.

PS anyone know what school this is? Had a weird deja vu moment and have definitely competed in that gym before, but don't know which one it is lol

I kind of love the back corner view, and hope the coaches watch it to clean up a few things (re: back jumps.) Also, I take back what I said about the skirt ruffles a few months ago. They have grown on me tremendously. I still hate the fake corset, but baby steps.

PS anyone know what school this is? Had a weird deja vu moment and have definitely competed in that gym before, but don't know which one it is lol

Long Branch.

This is interesting... Do you guys consider gyms to be "taking advantage" of the situation or to be "strategically planning" within the rules?

Our gym does. We normally have one less than filled stunt groups. Example, our Large Senior 2 has 31 as opposed to 32. Our Restricted 5 and Coed 5 have 19 as opposed to 20. Our Senior 3 had 15 as opposed to 16. We also have other teams who are filled, Youth 2 has 20, for example.

We do this for several reasons:
1. It allows three people to be on the team who have great tumbling, but may not contribute much stunting (gymnasts, for example) or lacking experience.

2. Ideally, for example, we would like to have a team filled. I personally hate the look for only 4 Elite stunts on the floor. However, our Coed 5, for example, we don't have a 5th flyer. But had several people who contributed tumbling.

3. If there is an injury on a team, and we have three people standing around or tumbling during stunts, its an easy fix.

4. It allows us to hold those in stunts accountable. A main base who can't keep a stunt in the air may end up getting their basing spot taken by a girl standing behind the stunt.

5. Allows "full squad practices" every week. Someone has to attend a funeral and miss practice. No problem, one of the "extras" can step in and base that practice so we can always go "full out"

With all the above said, we feel it depends on the team. We make choices based on what will be best for the individual teams and our gym. Examples of this:

1. Kid has a full, but not the Level 5 basing/flying experience needed. We can put them on a Level 5, instead of keeping them on a 4 to learn how to do all of the stunting, and don't have to expect them to do much except tumble. They will get basing/flying time when someone is absent or someone is not doing their job.

2. We have a kid who can't tumble, but can base Level 3. Helps to have solid stunts and still hit our 75% tumbling ratios.

3. Put a kid behind a stunt not doing anything and watch them fight to be included. Put a kid in a stunt and they suck, watch them break down or quit.

Our gym does. We normally have one less than filled stunt groups. Example, our Large Senior 2 has 31 as opposed to 32. Our Restricted 5 and Coed 5 have 19 as opposed to 20. Our Senior 3 had 15 as opposed to 16. We also have other teams who are filled, Youth 2 has 20, for example.

We do this for several reasons:
1. It allows three people to be on the team who have great tumbling, but may not contribute much stunting (gymnasts, for example) or lacking experience.

2. Ideally, for example, we would like to have a team filled. I personally hate the look for only 4 Elite stunts on the floor. However, our Coed 5, for example, we don't have a 5th flyer. But had several people who contributed tumbling.

3. If there is an injury on a team, and we have three people standing around or tumbling during stunts, its an easy fix.

4. It allows us to hold those in stunts accountable. A main base who can't keep a stunt in the air may end up getting their basing spot taken by a girl standing behind the stunt.

5. Allows "full squad practices" every week. Someone has to attend a funeral and miss practice. No problem, one of the "extras" can step in and base that practice so we can always go "full out"

With all the above said, we feel it depends on the team. We make choices based on what will be best for the individual teams and our gym. Examples of this:

1. Kid has a full, but not the Level 5 basing/flying experience needed. We can put them on a Level 5, instead of keeping them on a 4 to learn how to do all of the stunting, and don't have to expect them to do much except tumble. They will get basing/flying time when someone is absent or someone is not doing their job.

2. We have a kid who can't tumble, but can base Level 3. Helps to have solid stunts and still hit our 75% tumbling ratios.

3. Put a kid behind a stunt not doing anything and watch them fight to be included. Put a kid in a stunt and they suck, watch them break down or quit.

This is exactly how I think of things going into next season!

CA RoyalCats UCA sendoff. This capped off a week of lots of hits I just hope they remember that and take that confidence on the mat this weekend. Fingers crossed for them [emoji170]

1. I am one of those people who actually watches during running tumbling. Almost every kid had a clean/stuck/stand up landing. Love it.

2. Stunts are looking so solid. They don't budge.

3. I want a Top 10 so badly for these kids!

1. I am one of those people who actually watches during running tumbling. Almost every kid had a clean/stuck/stand up landing. Love it.

2. Stunts are looking so solid. They don't budge.

3. I want a Top 10 so badly for these kids!
Me too [emoji23]

And their coaches would thank you for the first comment I think. They've reworked and focused on that some since running and standing tumbling is where we got hit in technique scores at NCA.

Top ten is their goal. I hope they achieve it.

Their stunts are looking lovely and clean.

If I'm allowed to give my bit of constructive criticism, I think their synchronization during standing tumbling needs work. But they're lookin' good!

Back