All-Star March 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gymtyme platinum is looking really good, i also think vizion 20/20 is looking better then they did last year as well. I think it'll come down to who hits both days, i wanna say if brandon can hit both days they could edge out smoed by a very small margin, regardless of what smoed puts on the floor, simply do to execution.

i cant deny the talent that comes from smoed, but ill always be a BSB fan forever. Plus people love to see a good upset when it comes to sports in general. Everyone loves an underdog.
worlds scores don't carry over though, so for a team to win they don't have to hit both days, just day 2. buuuut at NCA both BSB and smoed hit day 2 and BSB had them beat by almost 3 points

worlds scores don't carry over though, so for a team to win they don't have to hit both days, just day 2. buuuut at NCA both BSB and smoed hit day 2 and BSB had them beat by almost 3 points

I think if we have learned anything about SMOED is that they always get their lives together between NCA & Worlds. lol
The pressure of hitting at worlds is what hurts teams more than anything when they finally take the mat at in Orlando

Last edited:
I think if we have learned anything about SMOED is that they always get their lives together between NCA & Worlds. lol
The pressure of hitting at worlds is what hurts teams more than anything when they finally take the mat at NCA
Plus, smoed didn't hit on day 2, they had pyramid and tumbling issues. I dont know if they took points off but for sure it affected their execution.

I am curious to know what bsb has been scoring for partner stunts when only half the boys stunt, as oppose to the teams that are actually putting up 4 (without assistance). From the scores they get it seems like they dont need to max out. For the record im not questioning their wins.

Plus, smoed didn't hit on day 2, they had pyramid and tumbling issues. I dont know if they took points off but for sure it affected their execution.

I am curious to know what bsb has been scoring for partner stunts when only half the boys stunt, as oppose to the teams that are actually putting up 4 (without assistance). From the scores they get it seems like they dont need to max out. For the record im not questioning their wins.
With technique being so important this year, if a team cannot put up 4 that look as good as BSB's 2, they are probably losing points in the technique department. Take into account that BSB also presses those 2 as well. A lot of the coed teams just hit and move on quickly, almost like they are just trying to get through it and not drop the flyer. I'm not as schooled in coed but I would imagine the quality of BSB's coeds, in addition to their amazing technique throughout the routine, is why they don't need to put 4 up to hit the score sheet. I am sure others on here could give more info though.

I believe you only need 50% quantity for coed stunts to max out. It's more about the difficulty in coed stunts this year.

You are correct. There is a rubric for number boys on the team vs number of coed stunts needed. 4 boys = 2 coed stunts to max out.
It makes no sense to me. A small coed team with 3 boys needs 1 stunt to max out. I feel the same way about the whole ratio rules (i.e. 5 elite stunts on a medium team scores the same as 7). I know this has been debated before, but to me, you should have to have the full quantity to max out on anything.

It makes no sense to me. A small coed team with 3 boys needs 1 stunt to max out. I feel the same way about the whole ratio rules (i.e. 5 elite stunts on a medium team scores the same as 7). I know this has been debated before, but to me, you should have to have the full quantity to max out on anything.

My level 3 team with 18 puts up 4 stunts and maxes out, my level 2 with 14 puts up 3 and maxes out, and my level 1 with 18 puts up 5 (belly button stunts, 4 prep stunts) maxes out. If we had any less than that, we wouldn't max out. So maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but a team with the ability to put up 7 stunts and only puts up 5 won't max out on a team with 28-30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With technique being so important this year, if a team cannot put up 4 that look as good as BSB's 2, they are probably losing points in the technique department. Take into account that BSB also presses those 2 as well. A lot of the coed teams just hit and move on quickly, almost like they are just trying to get through it and not drop the flyer. I'm not as schooled in coed but I would imagine the quality of BSB's coeds, in addition to their amazing technique throughout the routine, is why they don't need to put 4 up to hit the score sheet. I am sure others on here could give more info though.

BSB is scoring a 5 in the coed section. smoed is only scoring a 4.8. for small coed if you have 4 boys you only need to put up 2 coed stunts to get the score. i think BSB's coeds are the most solid of any small coed team ive seen.

my team does the toss 1 arm coed and we definitely dont hold it as long as they do but thats what we need to do to get the max score for coeds so thats what we are doing.

it would be stupid for a team to put up 4 when 2 are very shaky and not as good as the other 2. they only need 2 to get the max score so why put up more.

My level 3 team with 18 puts up 4 stunts and maxes out, my level 2 with 14 puts up 3 and maxes out, and my level 1 with 18 puts up 5 (belly button stunts, 4 prep stunts) maxes out. If we had any less than that, we wouldn't max out. So maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but a team with the ability to put up 7 stunts and only puts up 5 won't max out on a team with 28-30.

You're reading it wrong. I'm just giving my opinion (which is not a popular one) on how I feel about the ratio rules. I'm not a fan of less equals more.

You're reading it wrong. I'm just giving my opinion (which is not a popular one) on how I feel about the ratio rules. I'm not a fan of less equals more.

So, in your opinion, my teams (since none of them are maxed out on athletes) should not be able to max out on their stunt quantity. Is that what you were saying?

Back