All-Star March 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why do cheetahs only do 8 baskets? Isn't max score for large coed 9? Also senior elite and panthers only do 8, while orange does 9. I could be wrong, buts that's what I always see. Is 8 baskets enough to max out in large?
Depends on how many are on the floor and whether they use front spots.

As long as there are not enough athletes left over to create a basket group, they max on varsity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many tosses for me. I love seeing all the structures they usually build. I'm just not a fan of toss heavy "pyramids".

I agree. There's no doubt they come up with the most creative and intricate inversions and fly-overs but barely anything is a skill that ends at the top or in a structure. Unless I am missing something I think the only thing I saw were the two handstand ups at the beginning. Everything else is flip flip flip straight up structure. I think that is the element they are missing in my opinion.

Too many tosses for me. I love seeing all the structures they usually build. I'm just not a fan of toss heavy "pyramids".
I think judges some judges like that. I remember hearing back in 2013 SE added those two tosses to their pyramid day 2 at worlds because of feedback from judges. Don't know if that's 100% true or not, but it clearly helped

Depends on how many are on the floor and whether they use front spots.

As long as there are not enough athletes left over to create a basket group, they max on varsity.

If they have enough to put 9 flyers in the air for stunts, how would they not have enough for 9 tosses? I'm talking large all girl, and I believe cheetahs has the full 36 as well.

If they have enough to put 9 flyers in the air for stunts, how would they not have enough for 9 tosses? I'm talking large all girl, and I believe cheetahs has the full 36 as well.
If you have 36 athletes you technically could put up just 8. 8 full groups = 32, 4 extras. put the extra 4 front spotting, then technically every person on the floor is involved in baskets.

Senior Elite's new pyramid

Looks good : ) I just have one question though. At what point do the bracers legally still have to be holding on to the flyer doing the inversion? It looks like they are all letting go at different times- some let go just before the the flyer is in the catcher's arms and some are letting go earlier or later.

Looks good : ) I just have one question though. At what point do the bracers legally still have to be holding on to the flyer doing the inversion? It looks like they are all letting go at different times- some let go just before the the flyer is in the catcher's arms and some are letting go earlier or later.

The rule states that they bracer holds until the catch is made.

Back