All-Star Maryland Marlins Merging With Maryland Twisters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would it blow everyone's mind to say that I left a gym with a water cooler to go to Twisters...
In that case I guess it would blow everyone's mind that I left a gym with a water fountain for a gym with a water cooler, then left that gym for World Cup which has neither. Mind blown right????

This is extremely sad. As a parent of a child in this whole situation the whole water fountain, $65, merger/didn't merge issue is sad. Kids were the most effected and for some reason the issue has become extremely catty. Whether they "merged" or not Marlins no longer exist and that is devastating to some. People have the right to be upset about having to pay another try out fee (which I understand because they already paid one a month earlier), no water fountain, new teams etc. as they were completely caught off guard. However as adults the insults and attitudes are really unnecessary. Bottom line whether you take your child to Twisters or the new program lets put the energy into the kids and try to move on. The back and forth over trivial things at this point is extremely pointless, it happened and families have to try and adjust and negativity doesn't make it easier. Either go to twisters or don't!
Well said. :)

In my experience, I have only seen 1 or 2 cases where someone was moved down a level from their team assigned after tryouts....Generally if there is an issue with a "lost skill" since tryouts ample time is given with suggestions for classes/privates etc to try to help that child regain whatever has been lost... I cannot recall hearing of anyone being moved down a level after September when most teams are in the midst of choreography, uniforms have been ordered etc... If there is a decision to move a child, then I think the parent is usually advised prior to that its a consideration, so I dont think its ever a shock to anyone....

What is your experience of the promote/demote policy for athletes during the preseason and during the season?

Am I the only one that personally loves the idea of the re-evaluation? You were put on a team with the expectation that you'd have the skills you threw at tryouts. If you can't keep those skills consistantly, then that's on you.
I agree that this is an important way to really ensure that team placement is based on skills, and a desire to improve and really have a the best team possible

Down-voting. Considering this thread is just catty and people complaining about no water fountain.. :deadhorse:

All I can say is we have competed against both gyms and you both have great programs - the end result is that an even greater program I am sure will come of this and we look forward to the continued great competition. I know this merger or whatever you call it was a shock. I know the changes are a lot and new and fees you did not count on (that can happen to us anytime - life has a way of throwing you a curve, like having to move because of a job change or so many other things - bringing along costs that you just can't plan for). Personally I like that we rent our uniforms for that reason alone - now ask me that once my kids get a uniform that wasn't cared for as well as we cared for ours when it was new ;). I'm sorry it has not been positive for some of you and I hope you can find a way for it to work for you or another program that will. I think all involved should keep in mind you had 2 great programs and united you will even be a stronger force - but being divided can have a negative effect too. Hoping you all have smooth sailing after you get pass the changes - and look forward to competing against you this season!

Back