All-Star Maryland Superstarz Merge With Maryland Twisters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So there will be a MD Twisters Glen Burnie and a MD Twisters Waldorf? Or will everyone travel to GB?

This is exciting!

So there will be a MD Twisters Glen Burnie and a MD Twisters Waldorf? Or will everyone travel to GB?

This is exciting!

From what I heard, 2 locations...but that's obviously subject to change

From what I heard, 2 locations...but that's obviously subject to change

There will be 2 locations. Waldorf and Glen Burnie are not even close to each other to consider only one location. Plus I'm sure their are families who would commute to Glen Burnie but they're a probably just as many who would not.

I thought this said Maryland Twisters and Maryland Marlins and I almost just had a mini heart attack. Congrats to both gyms on the expansion, I look forward to seeing you guys next season.

Does anyone know if the TNT gym in Westminster also going to become a MD Twisters gym?? I heard they already have one team in that gym..right?? Congrats to MD Twisters on the expansion:D

There will be 2 locations. Waldorf and Glen Burnie are not even close to each other to consider only one location. Plus I'm sure their are families who would commute to Glen Burnie but they're a probably just as many who would not.

No offense, but we probably also need to have different definitions for "not even close to each other". Aren't they only about an hour apart?

For many athletes at ACE, they wouldn't consider that to be enough time to get changed, eat & finish their homework! We'd probably have some kids telling mom to go around the block again to give them more time!

ACEDAD said:
No offense, but we probably also need to have different definitions for "not even close to each other". Aren't they only about an hour apart?

For many athletes at ACE, they wouldn't consider that to be enough time to get changed, eat & finish their homework! We'd probably have some kids telling mom to go around the block again to give them more time!

Yes they are about an hour apart but the DC metro area has a ton of traffic and a lit of people would nit be able to get through traffic from work in DC or VA get their kids and be in Glen Burnie by 6:00. Also the fact that gas is out of control as well might deter some from the drive.

Yes they are about an hour apart but the DC metro area has a ton of traffic and a lit of people would nit be able to get through traffic from work in DC or VA get their kids and be in Glen Burnie by 6:00. Also the fact that gas is out of control as well might deter some from the drive.

Seriously...that is NOT a pretty place to be at rush hour. Or ever, really. Miserable traffic.

Also, gotta remember that just 'cause they're an hour away doesn't mean kids will be traveling an hour. They'd be adding an hour to whatever time it already takes them to get to Superstarz.

I think the 2 previous posters may have answered your question ACEDAD. Rush hour traffic in the DC metro area is no joke indeed. So while the 2 locations may not be considered far part according to your definition I think that traffic plays a huge role in making it feel further apart than it really is. We have to take into consideration that the Superstarz are located in southern MD past DC and even Alexandria VA while Twisters is located in the center of MD closest to baltimore. Another factor is that the current space at the Maryland Twisters facility in Glen Burnie is already maxed out and due to the very difficult ability to find the right space to suit such a huge number of athletes expanding the facility itself would prove to be quite difficult. At one point Maryland Twisters had 2 or 3 separate spaces in the same complex to accommodate the steady growth before settling into their current space which they have been at for about 8 or 9 years now.

Living in DC, I can vouch for awful traffic. This drive could take you well over 2 hours, and has a few times taking longer much than that if there is any kind of traffic issue, besides just regular rush hour traffic. Driving from DC/NoVA/Southern MD towards Baltimore during rush hour has been known to cause temporary insanity in many drivers!!!

Personally I would love to see Weather Girls move to Waldorf. And have Reign go back to Large Limited! :)

Back