All-Star Maryland Twisters Small Senior !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 24, 2010
Ok so I've heard from more than a few people Twisters have made a Small Senior 5!! Some older girls from Supercells and some from "Velocity"(Large senior open 5). Is this really new or really old and I missed it!? Lol
If so anyone know the name!!??

As far as I know there isn't a team formed "YET". It was just an idea to allow other kids to have the opportunity to attend worlds since Junior International isn't a division this year. Supposedly 20 of the strongest athletes who aren't on F5 or Reign will be selected to form a team that will compete later in the season in hopes of getting a bid to worlds. If they get a big they will go, if they don't they will not. The window of opportunity is much smaller than a year around team, however I'm sure they'll put it together in time to achieve their goal of going to worlds.

As far as I know there isn't a team formed "YET". It was just an idea to allow other kids to have the opportunity to attend worlds since Junior International isn't a division this year. Supposedly 20 of the strongest athletes who aren't on F5 or Reign will be selected to form a team that will compete later in the season in hopes of getting a bid to worlds. If they get a big they will go, if they don't they will not. The window of opportunity is much smaller than a year around team, however I'm sure they'll put it together in time to achieve their goal of going to worlds.

isn't this obvious? you need a bid to go to worlds. Will they want a full paid or a partial, or will they go if they get an at large? cause hasn't there been problems in the past of F5 almost not going because they only had an at large and then getting a full paid towards the end of the season?

isn't this obvious? you need a bid to go to worlds. Will they want a full paid or a partial, or will they go if they get an at large? cause hasn't there been problems in the past of F5 almost not going because they only had an at large and then getting a full paid towards the end of the season?

LOL I was stating the obvious. However whether or not they are interested in only a paid bid or a just a bid in general is up to Tara the gym owner. As for F5 almost not going in the past I highly doubt that was ever the case considering they have attended worlds every year since it's inception in 04 and have received full paid bids every year in February at NCA. The only exception to that is 09 when the team received their full paid bid in January at Jamfest Super Nationals. I think given the fact they are the Flagship team for Twisters and the first team to represent the state of Maryland they'd go regardless of receiving a paid bid or an at large bid.

This is a great opportunity for the other level 5 athletes at Twisters however they will have a small window of opportunity to receive a paid bid and it will be even more difficult for them if F5 or Reign doesn't receive a paid bid early on in the season. I guess we shall all see how this unfolds later on in the season.

as they have said it is not formed "yet", but could potentially be in the making! i hope they doo itt, the girls deserve itt!

Its now formed, and they will be going to battle at the capital to try and get there bid, if they recieve an at large bid, they do plan on going to worlds with that, but they are of course trying for a full paid bid.

Yah they are the weather girls:) there is a video of their first practice on YouTube. I believe they are debuting in march.

Most half-year teams definitely don't have practices like that! I have a feeling they're going to put out a great routine and not only go to worlds, but be real contenders.

Back