All-Star Maryland Twisters Virginia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is probably a smart move.

It's my understanding from Fierceboard that kids regularly commute from VA to cheer there, right?

Question: I am not from there so I was wondering how far the average VA kid has to drive to get there?

I picture all major areas in the DMV to be really close together and that VA to MD is not a long drive, but my limited experience with DC traffic tells me I am wrong. It's probably further than I think with crazy traffic.

Wait will it be called Virginia twisters or Maryland twisters of Virginia ?
i would assume Maryland Twisters Virginia, to keep their brand. similar to the California Allstars in Nevada situation (i know theres another out of state one but can't think of it right now..)

Oh wow! This will be interesting during the May tryout time frame. That's a strategic move to open in May right around the time when all the other local gyms will be gearing up for tryouts.

I wonder how many athletes will be jumping ship from Cheer Tyme and All Star Legacy?

This is probably a smart move.

It's my understanding from Fierceboard that kids regularly commute from VA to cheer there, right?

Question: I am not from there so I was wondering how far the average VA kid has to drive to get there?

I picture all major areas in the DMV to be really close together and that VA to MD is not a long drive, but my limited experience with DC traffic tells me I am wrong. It's probably further than I think with crazy traffic.
While many things are relatively close, mileage wise, DC traffic is ranked the worst in the country and rightfully so. It took me an average of about 3 hours to drive the 20 miles home from school each night, just DC to VA. It does depend on where in Northern Virginia you are talking about though. Where I'm from to where the main MT location is would be a nightmare, I don't even want to think about how long that would take to drive during rush hour traffic.

While many things are relatively close, mileage wise, DC traffic is ranked the worst in the country and rightfully so. It took me an average of about 3 hours to drive the 20 miles home from school each night, just DC to VA. It does depend on where in Northern Virginia you are talking about though. Where I'm from to where the main MT location is would be a nightmare, I don't even want to think about how long that would take to drive during rush hour traffic.

You're so right. I never cheered at the GB gym because it was more of a hassle to get up there. The Southern MD commute to NoVA is not heinous ALL the time. I've been doing it for my whole life, it depends on the day but at 6:30 when most people would be going to practice it would be fine. Plus you can get around without driving on the highway.

If I was in HS (god I wish was), I would've gone to the Sterling location out of convenience. This location is good for the TRUE NoVA kids.

We make the trip from VA to GB/Hanover 3x or more a week. It is about 70 miles each way. During the week we have to allow up to 2.5 hours one way during rush hour. Evening and most weekends it only takes about 1 hour. Luckily, we have a great car pool with 5 athletes so it really isn't that bad on the parents. So excited for them to bring their amazing gym and experience to VA!!!

Back