High School Mascots

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2014
I have an odd question...we are going to UCA Nationals next week and are in a predicament...our Mascot is going with us...we have never taken the Mascot with us so I need suggestions on how to get the head (which is HUGE ) and uniform there...haha...we are flying on American...any suggestions are welcome!

I have an odd question...we are going to UCA Nationals next week and are in a predicament...our Mascot is going with us...we have never taken the Mascot with us so I need suggestions on how to get the head (which is HUGE ) and uniform there...haha...we are flying on American...any suggestions are welcome!

Carry it on as a your personal item? Or pay extra to put it under the plane? I would just pack it in a big duffle. Our mascot costume has a huge duffle that it fits into

Agree with above, put it in a large mascot duffle. I doubt they'll let you carry it on since I doubt it fits in their overhead space. They usually let you carry on trophies and things like that but I've never tried something as large as a mascot head!

Unrelated, but I have to dress up as our mascot for work in a few weeks (I'm an intern my for university). Not looking forward to it.

But we keep our mascot stuff in a large duffle bag and that's what he travels in. I think when we went to NCAA he went with our checked bags. I'd try calling the airline and ask them if they have any solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've traveled with large wings (don't ask!) and they have gone underneath. The one thing to remember is that upon arrival, it will not come out with general luggage. Don't panic! it will be with oversized along with skis, golf cubs and giant wings ;)

Unrelated, but I have to dress up as our mascot for work in a few weeks (I'm an intern my for university). Not looking forward to it.

But we keep our mascot stuff in a large duffle bag and that's what he travels in. I think when we went to NCAA he went with our checked bags. I'd try calling the airline and ask them if they have any solutions.

Post a picture!

Post a picture!
Of me as the mascot? Lol today I tried the head on. Sorry this is huge, it's from a snapchat story
ETA: His name is Phlash the Phoenix
6002b7e831a7ba2cf54139b0a677c34f.jpg

I've traveled with large wings (don't ask!) and they have gone underneath. The one thing to remember is that upon arrival, it will not come out with general luggage. Don't panic! it will be with oversized along with skis, golf cubs and giant wings ;)
I always suspected you were a VS angel ;)

can you gate check it? they do that with some strollers and bigger things. I'd call the airline beforehand on that one, though, to make sure it would be okay. but that'd be a nice alternative to checking it so you can be 100% sure it won't get lost in baggage.

Back