All-Star Meaning/origin Of Team Names?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only name I don't get is Loony Dolphins. Haha its cute but I just don't understand! And the Cheer Extreme names like there's one called Dragonflys and another called Sharks and then you have CEA teams with Elite and Excel in their names; how does that tie together exactly?
idk if anyone has answered yet but i know sharks eat stingrays is how they got sharks. "baby theres a shark in the water"

Top Gun came from and old NCA camp award in which one year Victor won Top Gun Jumps, Top Gun Tumbler and Top Gun Stunter all in the same year so he decided to open his gym with an all around name...Top Gun. The colors and mascot are not the originally intended schemes at all but times were rough and the first competition was vastly approaching so uniforms were borrowed from the Miami-Dade College team whose colors were Black and Gold and whose mascots were the The Jaguars...and it all stuck, lol.

Top Gun came from and old NCA camp award in which one year Victor won Top Gun Jumps, Top Gun Tumbler and Top Gun Stunter all in the same year so he decided to open his gym with an all around name...Top Gun. The colors and mascot are not the originally intended schemes at all but times were rough and the first competition was vastly approaching so uniforms were borrowed from the Miami-Dade College team whose colors were Black and Gold and whose mascots were the The Jaguars...and it all stuck, lol.

Yeah I was half way right

i always wondered about that too... then "purple cheerios"(??)

bahahha that was our team name for our senior open 5. so one of the other teams (s2/3) changed their names to something completely different than the themes of our teams, so we were like, that was random, lets come up with something even more random. then we decided on purple cheerios

is it sad that i didnt know how charlotte teal got their name until like BUTBT this year... and they weren't even there.... my friend was like charlotTE ALlstars, and i was like OHHH

I don't know the whole story behind the name TEAL but I know that when Charlotte Allstars was first formed they originally planned for our uniforms to be teal, black and white but the company who made the uniforms didn't have teal fabric so we changed it to purple. I guess they still wanted teal to be apart of the gym so they named their only team TEAL.

bahahha that was our team name for our senior open 5. so one of the other teams (s2/3) changed their names to something completely different than the themes of our teams, so we were like, that was random, lets come up with something even more random. then we decided on purple cheerios

Purple Cheerios was the name of a team that competed in Lg Sr at worlds (I wanna say 2008?) They were an International team, but I forget what country they were from. Same thing with Loony Dolphins.

Back