All-Star Meaning/origin Of Team Names?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I first started out in cheerleading.... in 1985, I was coaching a large rec program.
I always thought I would eventually open a summer camp company (because opening a gym was not even heard of back then). My camp company was going to be called Victory Cheer Camps.

Well about 13 years down the road and I never opened the camp company but opened a gym (with a partner) and we named it Victory Cheer and Tumble Center. Six year later my partner and I split up and I was looking for a new location and a new name.

an old tumbling coach suggested All Star One. I really didn't like the name. I was thinking it was a little too generic for me...like was I going to open an All Star Two or an All Star Three?...But then the coach said. You can abbreviate All Star One into AS1. Like we will move forward AS1 and of course "Champions Begin....AS1" and after he said that I loved it and named my gym All Star One : )

When I first started out in cheerleading.... in 1985, I was coaching a large rec program.
I always thought I would eventually open a summer camp company (because opening a gym was not even heard of back then). My camp company was going to be called Victory Cheer Camps.

Well about 13 years down the road and I never opened the camp company but opened a gym (with a partner) and we named it Victory Cheer and Tumble Center. Six year later my partner and I split up and I was looking for a new location and a new name.

an old tumbling coach suggested All Star One. I really didn't like the name. I was thinking it was a little too generic for me...like was I going to open an All Star Two or an All Star Three?...But then the coach said. You can abbreviate All Star One into AS1. Like we will move forward AS1 and of course "Champions Begin....AS1" and after he said that I loved it and named my gym All Star One : )

I remember Victory! You guys always competed at Americheer, right? And I love AS1...and the original looking unis.

I don't know the whole story behind the name TEAL but I know that when Charlotte Allstars was first formed they originally planned for our uniforms to be teal, black and white but the company who made the uniforms didn't have teal fabric so we changed it to purple. I guess they still wanted teal to be apart of the gym so they named their only team TEAL.

The original uniforms that they had back in the day did have the teal color in the striping, based on the pictures that i have seen....

I was under the impression that twist and shouts name came from a bible verse - thats what i heard once...not sure about the verse though...but they are a christian based program

how did stingrays get their name? not the teams but the gym? i used to think that was an odd name for a gym

Back