All-Star Medium Coed 5 2012-2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Triple Post. Awkward....

Here's the spreadsheet. It isn't finished because i couldn't find good and clear videos of Gymtyme or Prodigy.
I believe i have my settings set so anyone can edit it. If you find a mistake please fix it for me and let me know! Some passes (RO BHS Whip Full) were put as ROBHS Full because there was a small amount of them, no need for a whole new category.

Welcome to Google Docs

T&S doesn't do arabian to fulls, they do arabian to doubles, all 3 of them. Also, we have 3-4 doing punch front to doubles only one of which I think did a full at the competition. Basically, ANY pass coming from the corner ends in a double unless someone fulled that shouldn't have. Also, we don't have any 2 to fulls (unless there are one or two kids that fulled instead of doubled). Everyone either does a toe full, standing full or one to full in the opening after coed stunts. I'm sure there are a couple that tuck instead of full though. ;) I didn't want to touch your spreadsheet cause there were no spots for 1 to fulls or arabian to doubles.

SOT and South Elite are definitely my favorites even though I do think South needs to improve their tumbling a bit more. T&S has phenomenal tumbling, but their stunting didn't do much for me. So if South improves their tumbling and T&S improves their stunting...WOW!

Just out of curiosity, what about our stunts didn't you like? All 7 groups did double ups, a high to high stretch to stretch (minus 2 groups that went to lib) and a power press low to high tick tock to scorp/scale double down. Is it that you are wanting to see MORE or you want to see what does hit look confident?

T&S doesn't do arabian to fulls, they do arabian to doubles, all 3 of them. Also, we have 3-4 doing punch front to doubles only one of which I think did a full at the competition. Basically, ANY pass coming from the corner ends in a double unless someone fulled that shouldn't have. Also, we don't have any 2 to fulls (unless there are one or two kids that fulled instead of doubled). Everyone either does a toe full, standing full or one to full in the opening after coed stunts. I'm sure there are a couple that tuck instead of full though. ;) I didn't want to touch your spreadsheet cause there were no spots for 1 to fulls or arabian to doubles.
Oops! It's hard to count the amount of spinning thy do! I'll look at that again later and fix it

Just out of curiosity, what about our stunts didn't you like? All 7 groups did double ups, a high to high stretch to stretch (minus 2 groups that went to lib) and a power press low to high tick tock to scorp/scale double down. Is it that you are wanting to see MORE or you want to see what does hit look confident?

I went back and watched the video again before answering this and I think the main thing was that from the beginning of the routine to partner stunts my mouth was on the floor. Like wow. And then with partner stunts I didn't even realize how difficult they were until I read your post because they weren't in sync and there were some bobbles, etc. Now that I've sat and watched it knowing what the stunts were, I can appreciate the difficulty more and can anticipate how amazing this routine will look once it hits. There's just so many teams doing the same thing that I tend to get bored easily if something doesn't jump out and grab me. Which by the way your tumbling most definitely did. Also, I am from the northwest and have followed (and daughter competed against) South Elite for years so I have pretty high expectations when it comes to stunting. Thanks for approaching me in this manner. Good luck this season!

I went back and watched the video again before answering this and I think the main thing was that from the beginning of the routine to partner stunts my mouth was on the floor. Like wow. And then with partner stunts I didn't even realize how difficult they were until I read your post because they weren't in sync and there were some bobbles, etc. Now that I've sat and watched it knowing what the stunts were, I can appreciate the difficulty more and can anticipate how amazing this routine will look once it hits. There's just so many teams doing the same thing that I tend to get bored easily if something doesn't jump out and grab me. Which by the way your tumbling most definitely did. Also, I am from the northwest and have followed (and daughter competed against) South Elite for years so I have pretty high expectations when it comes to stunting. Thanks for approaching me in this manner. Good luck this season!

Oh dang, if I watched South Elite stunt every time I went to a competition, everyone elses stunts would bore me too! lol

Re working the spreadsheet! I'm gonna rewatch the videos to make sure i counted everything right and counted the spins (doubles or Fulls)
Oh, and thanks 4D3CHEER! for sending me links to all the teams' videos!!

I agree! But as always the proof is in the pudding ;) another 1-2 comps or so and we'll really see this division take its shape!
Exactly! I've been closely looking at the tumbling, and every team has at least 4 people doing layouts/ tucks instead of fulling, and i'm sure by NCA they'll have everyone on the teams fulling.

Back