Mental Block Probs !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 20, 2012
I only have mental block when I'm not in the gym with someone I trust, like on my trampoline, I can't do my bhs.

I have the same problem. I am really scared of throwing anything backwards. I can do most forward tumbles and now I just need to go back. I don't know how to stop syching myself out.

What I do to help girls out with mental blocks is tell them to picture themselves doing the skill. Once you picture yourself doing it you will seem to have more confidence going into the skill!

In the past 10 years of my coaching career I have never taught a student that developed a "block" I have seen issues arise with other students and other coaches that turned into blocks... so my question now is... maybe its the way you are being coached!

I only have mental block when I'm not in the gym with someone I trust, like on my trampoline, I can't do my bhs.

So when you're in the gym with someone you trust, you don't have a mental block? But you do have a mental block if you attempt a BHS at home on your trampoline? I apologize if I'm reading your post incorrectly. But if I have it right, there's an easy solution - don't do your BHS anywhere but at the gym. Stretching, conditioning, etc - those are awesome to work on at home. Trampolines are fun to jump around on. I recommend not doing tumbling skills at home, though. Good luck in overcoming your fears - you can do it!

Back