Mental Blocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've cheered for 8 years. I had an injury 2 seasons ago and I have not cheered since. I want to go back for my senior year of high school but I have a mental block on tumbling. I can only do a roundoff now. All my flying skills I can still do to a level 4. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks :)

Take it day by day... I used to have a mental block for my round-off backhandspring back tuck. Once I realized the only way I could get better is to just face my fear I did it, and I landed it.

-Tell your coach that you have a mental block and yet them know that you want to get out of it. Once they know they can help you free your self from the mental block!
-Make a daily goal for yourself! Wake up thinking I am going to do this! Complete your goals!
-Be postive! Everythings better when you're postive!
-Push yourself to do your best! Know that you can be amazing, and show that you are.
-Make a long term goal! I made my goal to win cheersport, which I work at every single day. I condition 2 hours a day and stretch for 1 1/2 hours.
-Be determind. Know your goals and dont let anything stop you!
-Perseverance is key! No matter what happens keep going, one bad day isnt the end of the world! Everybody has them!
-Condition. When you condition you have less chance of inguring yourself:)

Everyday is battel with a mental block come into the gym knowing you can do. Visualize the skill, draw the skill, know the skill. Do relaxing breaths on the way to the gym while visualizing the skill. Face your battel everyday and know you can make it out of it!

Never give up! I have faith in you!

I used to have mental blocks too. :( Its tough. But you need to believe in yourself, its ALL in your head. :) Watching youtube videos really helped me too, like watching people do backhandsprings and tucks! Learn the technique from watching! 2by2 videos have nice shots of running and standing tumbling. :) But don't worry, you CAN do this. <3

i have a terrible mental block as well ive been working on my back handspring for three years now and only had a little bit of progress because i go back and forth with doing them and not doing them i do them with a spot down the cheese and on the mat the best thing to do is to find a gym with a good tumbling instructor and do some private lessons if you can and just get over doing it for the first time to get back into it.

I've cheered for 8 years. I had an injury 2 seasons ago and I have not cheered since. I want to go back for my senior year of high school but I have a mental block on tumbling. I can only do a roundoff now. All my flying skills I can still do to a level 4. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks :)
join a team thats level 4.2 that way you can continue to stunt & tumble at a level thats comortable to you! you wont have to freak out about not having the tumbling because you wont be working on anything past a backhandspring you can slowly build the confidence you need for your tumbling back!

same problem here! thank you this helped tons! it makes me want to go to the gym right now and try a new skill. thanks so much!

Back