Mental Blocks!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2012
Ahhh I need help! I have flexibility and everything else I need for cheer except for one huge thing!
Tumbling!!! My tumbling mental blocks are so bad! I need help on how to get past mental blocks! Also I need help on the best places to practice/learn tumbling! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

i have a mental block for tumbling as well, only for round off fulls on the floor at the moment! is your mental block for all tumbling or just one skill?

You may want to see a therapist, I have a couple friends who have gone and it helped a lot. My mom would never spend the money on it but they said it worked.

i have a mental block for tumbling as well, only for round off fulls on the floor at the moment! is your mental block for all tumbling or just one skill?
It's for all tumbling I just can't get myself to do it. I always back out last minute!

have a coach spot. they wont drop you so just do whatever skill your trying to do and you will start to get over it. i have had mental blocks before & thats how i got over them.:) hope this helps!

I only had one coach that could ever get me out of my mental blocks, but they never truly went away. I should have a full by now, but I got a HUGE mental block while learning my layout for no reason and went from working layouts and standing tucks to round offs. I've also heard they are "contagious" if you watch other people hurt themselves and stuff. I never found out my problem, but just get the passion to tumble back. I think mind had a lot to do with that I just didn't want to tumble anymore and had no drive, plus I was scared.

I only had one coach that could ever get me out of my mental blocks, but they never truly went away. I should have a full by now, but I got a HUGE mental block while learning my layout for no reason and went from working layouts and standing tucks to round offs. I've also heard they are "contagious" if you watch other people hurt themselves and stuff. I never found out my problem, but just get the passion to tumble back. I think mind had a lot to do with that I just didn't want to tumble anymore and had no drive, plus I was scared.

I have watched other people get hurt tumbling. The second I go to tumble I scare myself and stop. I really hope I can get my passion for tumbling back and I'm glad i'm not the only one with mental blocks! :)

I used to get really bad mental blocks and i would just think about my skill i was trying to get at night and think about the perfect technique and what would make it go perfectly, i eventually over grew my fear or whatever it was and i told myself if i did it the correct way it'd be fine. having a coach understand it helps a lot too. hope it all works out

I used to get really bad mental blocks and i would just think about my skill i was trying to get at night and think about the perfect technique and what would make it go perfectly, i eventually over grew my fear or whatever it was and i told myself if i did it the correct way it'd be fine. having a coach understand it helps a lot too. hope it all works out

Thanks soo much! :)

There is a girl I know that goes to another gym in FL she is on a level 5 team she has a double full, at the first competition she got a mental block and she is last pass so she did a round off, also best flyer she refused to fly at the competition and just stood there.

Back