All-Star Mickey On A Worlds Shirt Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
I know there was thread about this last year and I looked back over a lot of pages and could not find it. I was speaking with a parent from another program who has a team going to worlds for the first time, I mentioned that a worlds shirt is a "must have" item. She says yes, the coaches are designing one now. I tell her they should be cautious of putting any Disney likeness on the shirt. When I told her I read it on here she looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Where can myself or more importantly, an owner or allstar director, find out the full information on this?

I would talk to Disney themselves for the best response. Maybe if you send them your design, they could approve it? I would also talk to the printing company you are going through as they should know all the copyright infringement details (but I wouldn't count on JUST the printing company alone.)

I've asked some contacts at USASF for clarification on this. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Thank you Bill.

I also asked them to see if Tony Stewart had a problem with logo usage.

biggrin.png

Disney does sell their images for scrapbooking and other craft projects, I just saw a commercial for Disney World that shows a family wearing shirts that had the family's last name then Family Reunion 2011, the 1st thing I tought of was they made shirts for their reunion, what's the diff? It's a group event. I'd think if they went after people at Worlds, they would have to prove that they follow they same rules for everyone entering a disney property. Otherwise it's discrimination.

Disney does sell their images for scrapbooking and other craft projects, I just saw a commercial for Disney World that shows a family wearing shirts that had the family's last name then Family Reunion 2011, the 1st thing I tought of was they made shirts for their reunion, what's the diff? It's a group event. I'd think if they went after people at Worlds, they would have to prove that they follow they same rules for everyone entering a disney property. Otherwise it's discrimination.

I think the difference would probably be that a family making reunion shirts would not be profiting from the shirts where as a gym who sales the shirts at $15-25$ a pop is making a profit....

Our gym sells our Worlds trading shirts for the same price that they get charged for having them made $8 - $10. How would disney verify this? I know people that would make $ off their family in heart beat. Haha

Back