OT Military Brats?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 30, 2010
Hi! I'm a military brat (my dad is in the Army) and I was just wondering if there are any other Military dependents on the boards? My dad is deploying to afghanistan soon for 12-15 months.

I am, but we did not move around that much so I was pretty lucky. Indiana to Alabama in 98 and in 02 my dad was shifted to Atlanta which he just drove every other day. He's now overseas in Kuwait (camp airifjan) and my brother (West Point grad and recently married) will be deployed to Afghanistan for a year. Thats going to be interesting having my dad and brother over there at the same time for a little while, hopefully my mother (who lives in texas, were just everywhere) can keep herself busy with everyone gone.

I'm not dependent on them, but both brothers are in the army (they're twins). They deploy quite a bit, Zeke is in Afghanistan right now, and i believe Max will be deploying somewhere soon,i just don't know where too.

My stepdad is in the Navy and his father (my grandpa) is a retired 4 star adirmal in the Navy...and my boyfriend is currently a plebe at the US Naval Academy! Wooo Go Navy!!
wink.png

Oh gosh, both my Grandfathers were in the Military, all of my uncles on my dads side (including my dad) and now my brother is in the Army as well. He's in Alaska right now, but he'll be deploying to Afghanistan in November. I can only imagine how hard it is having your Dad get deployed, I'm all worked up over my brother going over seas.

I am, but we did not move around that much so I was pretty lucky. Indiana to Alabama in 98 and in 02 my dad was shifted to Atlanta which he just drove every other day. He's now overseas in Kuwait (camp airifjan) and my brother (West Point grad and recently married) will be deployed to Afghanistan for a year. Thats going to be interesting having my dad and brother over there at the same time for a little while, hopefully my mother (who lives in texas, were just everywhere) can keep herself busy with everyone gone.

I wish your brother and dad the best! Tell them thank you for their service :) This is definitely not an easy life. I'm sure your mom and mine can definitely relate.

My stepdad is in the Navy and his father (my grandpa) is a retired 4 star adirmal in the Navy...and my boyfriend is currently a plebe at the US Naval Academy! Wooo Go Navy!! ;)

Wow! That's funny because my great-grandfather also retired a 4 star admiral! Congratulations to your grandfather! Please tell your boyfriend and father thank you for their service :)

I send out my prayers to everyone who has any family members overseas! The military lifestyle is definitely not always easy, but it is definitely an honest, brave, and honorable job, no matter what rank you are or what branch you're in. Having family members gone all the time is hard. If anyone ever needs to talk, feel free to PM me. I don't mind giving you my number either. Just ask :) Please thank all your family members for their service :)

Wow! That's funny because my great-grandfather also retired a 4 star admiral! Congratulations to your grandfather! Please tell your boyfriend and father thank you for their service :)

I wonder if they ever knew eachother haha My boyfriends Dad is actually in the Army and currently over in Afghanistan. Sending lots of prayers your way too!

I'm not a military brat but I served in the Army for 6 years and I went overseas to Iraq twice. Deployments are def challenging for the family and the servicemember, but you guys will make it through. If you ever need to talk, I'm all ears. I'm no expert but I can share what I went through and how my family and I coped =)

I'm not a military brat but I served in the Army for 6 years and I went overseas to Iraq twice. Deployments are def challenging for the family and the servicemember, but you guys will make it through. If you ever need to talk, I'm all ears. I'm no expert but I can share what I went through and how my family and I coped =)

Thank you for your service! And thank you, I will keep that in mind if I need to talk. The military life is very challenging. That's all I've ever known. Dad joined the Marines before I was born then joined the Army when I was 4.

I was a military brat when I was younger! Long line of military back ground. Grandfather,Grandmother, Uncle, Mother, Sister, Cousin, and of course ME!!!!!

Hi! I'm a military brat (my dad is in the Army) and I was just wondering if there are any other Military dependents on the boards? My dad is deploying to afghanistan soon for 12-15 months.

Im not a brat but I have been deployed to Iraq and another is coming up at some point.

Back