All-Star "mini" Problem

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe just have a mini 1/2 group over the summer, with all of them together, and then split them into two teams in August or September? That way you can see how they progress, who can focus, and you'll probably lose a couple. Then you might be able to have a mini 1 and a mini 2, if they progress, or split them into small/large teams or show/comp teams. I say definitely watch over the summer before making a decision, that way it's not rushed and you can see how they work before choosing!

everyone's feedback has been wonderful, thank you! As for how we ended up with 42 minis, I have NO idea. We work really hard with our younger teams, our program is just 6 yrs old, we started out with mostly older teams, we have only had minis for 3 yrs. The program just sort of, exploded on us ( in a good way).
As for the ages, they are mostly 6 & 7 with just a sprinkling of 8 yr olds. We are pretty strict on keeping our 6-8 yr olds in our mini division, every child/ gym is different, but we are funny about putting 8 yr olds with 11/12 yr olds. And as I explained most are really level 1 athletes anyways. It definitely looks like small mini, and large mini prep is going to be our way to go.

I would hold a try out and put the best 16-18 on a comp team and then have another team just for fun or rec. Unless you didn't want to hire another coach. I mean they're not level 5's so I wouldn't turn them away. I think you should have another team that practices and focuses on improving skills and getting them ready for competition teams! I think this is an opportunity for growth in your gym. Best of luck<333

Back