Mock Tick Tock

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This scares me because I was told that for a release you could have your bracer be in a shoulder sit without backspot. Yikes! I hope they fixed the mistake and you were able ot compete at state.

Yes, they did fix it. But it wasn't as exciting for the girls to find out at practice instead of at a comp. It was quite a few years ago when releases first became popular. Now you can do a release with a shoulder sit without a spot.

Fenton (cheer coach k's team) has a lot of creativity in it this year. I wasn't at the Conant competition but from what I was told, she had the most creativity as far as entries, exits, and transitions. (Sidenote: Minooka Varsity has some great Pyramid Elements as well that I did) However, her scores did not reflect creativity very well so I am curious what she is told once she hears back from ICCA. Fenton is a great stunting team (last year they were hitting Ball up 360 ticks rocks (for fun of course) if that tells you their capabilities) so I was disappointed to hear stunts did not score well. Fenton has three stunt sequences if I can remember. They have an Elite sequence, a unique/visual sequence as well as a quantity stunt sequence (I have never seen quantity stunts put up in Illinois, even from a Coed team) but yet no one noticed.

Quantity stunts are rewarded in the difficulty section of the score sheet only. They will help you build a few tenths in the stunt category but only in the range the rest of your stunts are in. I really think they should be on the rubric but so far that hasn't happened. I replied to her post in her thread in the coach's forum as well with some possible insight into the scoring but as I told her a video would help tremendously!

I'm glad to hear of your creativity! I was highly disappointed at the lack of it in the teams I saw at LWN a few weeks back. I think Oak Forest was the only one that I remember using inversions and such to their full potential.

Back