All-Star Most Difficult Moment As A Cheer Parent...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My Mom isn't on the boards, but I'm almost positive for her it had to have been day 2 of Cheersport 2010 when I came off the floor and absolutely lost it. We had hit the routine, but when I was coming off the floor it really hit me that it was the last time I would ever be competing because we were moving and it was the middle of my senior year. I felt so bad cause I couldn't help it and I could tell it was killing her to see me like that.

my moms most difficult moment didnt include injuries or falling for me, it had to be when i quit when i was just getting good when i was younger, she was crying hhaha.. then i joined again and this year i wanted to quit again cause of a boy issue i think she was so upset cause she knew i love cheering but going to cheer made me upset so i came home and threw out all my cheer clothes and she started crying. *i didnt quit

This might seem very off topic because it's not really about cheerleading or moms- but it has the same message as the rest of these messages. So here's the story:
My high school is huge into football. We won state the last three years in a row, two of those years completely undefeated. This year first year on varsity cheerleading as a senior and they were doing well this year so I had been looking foreword to cheering them on to another win at state this year. So yesterday was the second round of play-offs and the game started out rough, the opposing team had a 14-0 lead over us. It stayed that way until the end of the third quarter when a glimmer of hope and three touch-downs occurred. The score was then 22-24 and there was about five minutes left in the game. The players and the crowd were wild because anything they could have done offensively with the ball would have either gotten us tied, or winning. But unfortunately, the ball was fumbled, and turned over to the opposing team. They took a knee with 30 seconds on the clock and it was over. We, a team ranked in the top 20 nationally, just lost to a team who was barely ranked in the state. All of the senior boys were crushed, most crying. All of us seniors were crying too, mainly because we didn't expect this to be our last high school football game ever. We went into the game thinking it would be a piece of cake, and came out without even knowing we had just cheered at our last game. It was just extremely heart wrenching.

Sorry if that was too off topic but I just had to vent about this very difficult moment as a cheerleader.

Back