Most Hated Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They can be boring but from a coaching perspective, they're the foundation of ALL two legged stunts - all the way to double ups! So, they worth doing over and over and over... again!
Its not even the boring concept, its like a sink or swim skill. Either your girls get the concept or its a disaster. It baffles me because its such a simple skill lol.

In our pyramid we have this arabian cradle that can never turn 180 degrees perfectly. The backspot (our coach since we were learning it) kept getting hit in the head and in the face. The team did this stunt last year and it is terrifying to all of us.

Rewinds (that's what my high school coach calls them idk if it's right- basically a 360 down to a smush from a half or full). As a backspot I always end up with a face full of elbow, butt, and the occasional knee. I also hate with a burning passion backspotting single bases (like a one-man where one base has both of the flyer's feet in a full, but the other base also has one foot and backspot has ankles). My most horrible fear is when flyers fall from fulls with straight legs and go over my head. This seems to be especially common when we do single bases. It generally ends in me backpedaling fast but not fast enough so that the flyer's lower back/butt lands on my face and we both hit the ground unbelievably hard, with a girl's entire weight balancing solely on my little head. Ugh

I think that a thigh stand, shoulder sit and show 'n' go's are soooo tedious, I know they're the basics for any cheerleader, but they get on my nerves!

I dont see the point in show n goes, is it a prep? is it an extension? No its soft of both and none all at the same time!
Hate shoulder sits, pointless really

I don´t really hate them, but i don´t like Kick Full/Double Baskets. But i think it´s because we don´t do them very often and they are messy.

But i hate shoulder stands. Like really. They are killing me. I base them in 2,5 high pyramids and every time the pyramid hits and everyone is safe back on the floor, i´m the happiest base on the planet ;)

Back