All-Star Motivational Speech By Tate Of Nfinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I still don't understand why cheer companies and/or EPs (both current or newly created) would rather give rebates or profits to the gym owners and not offer it to the parents up front instead. I understand the business strategy of giving the money back to owners since they pick the competitions the gym attends.

Unfortunately I have seen many talented people leave this sport for financial reasons and if the cost of clothing, uniform, make up, sneakers and competitions cost them 10-25% less from the beginning they would probably be able to keep competing which is beneficial for both the gyms, cheer companies and of course the cheerleader.

I still don't understand why cheer companies and/or EPs (both current or newly created) would rather give rebates or profits to the gym owners and not offer it to the parents up front instead. I understand the business strategy of giving the money back to owners since they pick the competitions the gym attends.

Unfortunately I have seen many talented people leave this sport for financial reasons and if the cost of clothing, uniform, make up, sneakers and competitions cost them 10-25% less from the beginning they would probably be able to keep competing which is beneficial for both the gyms, cheer companies and of course the cheerleader.

Speaking from an owner standpoint, I (personal opinion) do not think taking a few dollars off of each competition would encourage people to join or stay in the sport. It's expensive, and it's the big picture that is expensive. But, we go to competitions that don't cost an arm and a leg, and we don't travel as much as big gyms or worlds team. For us, that rebate covers the cost of parents that don't pay, quit, unexpected expenses, etc-it's not a profit in my pocket. Although we try to avoid this, it happens sometimes. I don't think it would influence a new parent to join as much as it helps a gym with a small "cushion" if needed. And really, if a gym wanted to cut costs on the parent side, they easily could give this money right back to the parents or "sponsor" a child to cut costs.

USASF and Varsity aren't perfect but let's look a little deeper into these complaints.
USASF ID - Purpose to prevent cheating and track injuries
Varsity Family Plan - giving gyms money back
Ok, I'm confused? Why are people complaining?
The USASF ID is something we have all been BEGGING for for years! A way to track cheaters! If everyone joins we have PROOF, undeniable PROOF! Also, I know there is an injury tracking plan in the process which will help PROVE what skills are the highest risk, making our sport safer.
VFP is a choice, the issue is the choice offers more money with more participation. It's better than most so people are up in arms? That just doesn't make sense.
So Varisty has more power because they have more money and have positioned themselves in different ways to be successful. Are you mad because they made a new shoe? Are you mad because MOST of their competitions are run better than most? Are you mad because they have more money (yes I'm envious).

Now here are my issues with USASF and Varsity.
USASF - Now that you have an ID program in place I want to see the PROOF of an issue before you make it a rule. I don't want to see/hear anymore "We've heard this so now it's a rule"
Varsity - You have the power, yes I get it. Now perception is reality so take that into consideration when making decisions. Many decisions Varsity has made I haven't agreed with but they don't need my permission. If I could recommend ONE thing to Varsity it's to take a more in depth look as to how ALL of their decisions will be perceived. Now with that being said up until this point their strategic decisions have worked in their favor. I have a B.A. in Public Relations, so I am available for purchase ;)

USASF ID: I feel the information should be handled by a 3rd party with neutral/no biases.
I 100% agree that it should be run by a 3rd party, BUT it's being done. Conspiracy theories aside, an ID program is a good thing!

I 100% agree that it should be run by a 3rd party, BUT it's being done. Conspiracy theories aside, an ID program is a good thing!

You're right. .00001 is better than zero. It is a step in the right direction no doubt.

I'll take a positive step with .0001 any day over not having anything in place at all.

I agree. But why not fight (or complain as you call it :cookie:) for that .0001 to turn into a 100? I also don't want to see that this positive change causes more issues (Who is getting the info, what will be done with it, etc) and I think that is what people are trying to get made changed. As you said, and Ive heard over and over, perception = reality. Whether you believe in a conspiracy theory or think its all a crock, you can't ignore that the opportunity for someone to do something with that isn't there.

I only know a few Varsity employees/Volunteers well. I don't think they would do something, but it doesn't mean the opportunity wouldn't be there for the mistake to happen.

I agree. But why not fight (or complain as you call it :cookie:) for that .0001 to turn into a 100? I also don't want to see that this positive change causes more issues (Who is getting the info, what will be done with it, etc) and I think that is what people are trying to get made changed. As you said, and Ive heard over and over, perception = reality. Whether you believe in a conspiracy theory or think its all a crock, you can't ignore that the opportunity for someone to do something with that isn't there.

I only know a few Varsity employees/Volunteers well. I don't think they would do something, but it doesn't mean the opportunity wouldn't be there for the mistake to happen.
Agreed, if there is a way to prevent a future issue, take it!

The purpose of ASGA is NOT to take over USASF but to educate everyone on the ongoing issues within our industry and to come together as one and demand change. If we all were on the same side then more change would occur. After the first set of tumbling rules were released people were in an uproar. Everyone was on the same side and the issue got resolved, thats what the ASGA is trying to accomplish. Gym owners and Coaches should be in charge of whats theres not Eps telling us what we can and cannot do. Come one people we need to stand together!!!!!

USASF and Varsity aren't perfect but let's look a little deeper into these complaints.
USASF ID - Purpose to prevent cheating and track injuries
Varsity Family Plan - giving gyms money back
Ok, I'm confused? Why are people complaining?
The USASF ID is something we have all been BEGGING for for years! A way to track cheaters! If everyone joins we have PROOF, undeniable PROOF! Also, I know there is an injury tracking plan in the process which will help PROVE what skills are the highest risk, making our sport safer.
VFP is a choice, the issue is the choice offers more money with more participation. It's better than most so people are up in arms? That just doesn't make sense.
So Varisty has more power because they have more money and have positioned themselves in different ways to be successful. Are you mad because they made a new shoe? Are you mad because MOST of their competitions are run better than most? Are you mad because they have more money (yes I'm envious).

Now here are my issues with USASF and Varsity.
USASF - Now that you have an ID program in place I want to see the PROOF of an issue before you make it a rule. I don't want to see/hear anymore "We've heard this so now it's a rule"
Varsity - You have the power, yes I get it. Now perception is reality so take that into consideration when making decisions. Many decisions Varsity has made I haven't agreed with but they don't need my permission. If I could recommend ONE thing to Varsity it's to take a more in depth look as to how ALL of their decisions will be perceived. Now with that being said up until this point their strategic decisions have worked in their favor. I have a B.A. in Public Relations, so I am available for purchase ;)
yojaehs, I appreciate someone else taking the time to layout the flipside of the argument. I feel like many of the posts have been one sided and biased. The fact that you acknowledged both sides of the coin while stating your opinion only makes me want to pay attention to your opinion that much more.
There's been almost no credit given to the organization that did the impossible-and that was to unite an industry running 50 million different directions. Back in the day, there was NOWHERE to turn if you were unhappy with a situation at an event. There was nobody holding anyone accountable for anything. We were out of control. It's very easy to sit back 8 years later and point out what needs to change and how obvious that need is. But I feel like there's been a lack of respect and consideration given to the groups that rescued all star cheer before it imploded several years ago.

yojaehs, I appreciate someone else taking the time to layout the flipside of the argument. I feel like many of the posts have been one sided and biased. The fact that you acknowledged both sides of the coin while stating your opinion only makes me want to pay attention to your opinion that much more.
There's been almost no credit given to the organization that did the impossible-and that was to unite an industry running 50 million different directions. Back in the day, there was NOWHERE to turn if you were unhappy with a situation at an event. There was nobody holding anyone accountable for anything. We were out of control. It's very easy to sit back 8 years later and point out what needs to change and how obvious that need is. But I feel like there's been a lack of respect and consideration given to the groups that rescued all star cheer before it imploded several years ago.
Im not trying to start an argument, just putting this out there. I dont think there is a lack of respect, Im all for the USASF, allstar cheer has been so much better because of them. But im not all for the way things are done and I think thats what a lot of the problem is. USASF wants to imply all these rules, but who voted for them? I know I didnt, If they can't follow their own rules how can we?

Im not trying to start an argument, just putting this out there. I dont think there is a lack of respect, Im all for the USASF, allstar cheer has been so much better because of them. But im not all for the way things are done and I think thats what a lot of the problem is. USASF wants to imply all these rules, but who voted for them? I know I didnt, If they can't follow their own rules how can we?
I don' tthink you need to start the argument--it's been started. I'm speaking in much more general terms. There has been very little acknowledgement of the positive side of things. And some postings leave out valuable information that paint a more accurate picture. I agree that there are things that need to change. And I plan on doing my part and going through the appropriate channels to see that change occur.
Sincerely, my only point was to thank yojaehs for the professional dialogue.

I was an art major-
It's like a painting, eventually you have to decide that it's finished. There is always something you could change that might make it better or could make something else look out of place and before you know it, it's no longer a portrait it's an abstract piece that know one really knows what it is supposed to be.

Latest posts

Back