All-Star "moving For Cheer" Thread Continued.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I value your opinion but as a parent you should know it's not that easy from their perspective. My family owns four McDonald's franchises, causing us to be VERY busy. packing up and leaving isn't the easiest option. That is why I made a new thread and said that moving may not be possible. The literal reason for FierceBoard is to post questions and get other people's opinions and perspectives. I posted these things because I wanted to hear how far other people would drive to attend a certain gym. Clearly, if it was as easy as just "move or don't" then I would have moved by now. but it is not that easy. I am still discussing options with my parents about how to get me to a different gym. I'm sorry, but there's a difference between being frank and being rude and that comment did come across as rude to me because of the sarcastic tone you expressed. Thank you for you opinion but I'm sure you don't want to sit here and argue with an immature teenager right?

that's weird.
I really don't think she was being rude. What she said is true, it seems like there is no problem with going to a far away gym. When someone asks you a question you give the same answers every time and it doesn't make sense to a lot of us why you're asking these questions if you already have the answers.

I really don't think she was being rude. What she said is true, it seems like there is no problem with going to a far away gym. When someone asks you a question you give the same answers every time and it doesn't make sense to a lot of us why you're asking these questions if you already have the answers.
personally, I took it rudely when she said the whole "your situation is perfect, you're a perfect student, etc.," but I'm not one to hold a grudge. I understand how you guys would be confused but I'm not looking for a straight up answer to do it or not do it. I just want other opinions as to how far is too far? Also, id like to hear what other options could be.

personally, I took it rudely when she said the whole "your situation is perfect, you're a perfect student, etc.," but I'm not one to hold a grudge. I understand how you guys would be confused but I'm not looking for a straight up answer to do it or not do it. I just want other opinions as to how far is too far? Also, id like to hear what other options could be.
We cannot give you a straight up go or don't go because your situation is different than anyone else's. We can only offer our opinion or thoughts of the scenario.

I am not sure why your mom moving with you was a viable option considering how busy you say the family is.

Straight out your options are
1. Move
2. Commute
3. Stay at existing gym.

If the family business is making a move very difficult you are now down to 2 options.

If moving is still an option you were offered many suggestions on what to look for or ask about the school cheer squad and the education.

My personal opinion is the school cheer shouldn't even be a consideration in this decision and I would not let cp relocate for less than a Worlds team.

**What if 'gun control' meant flyers had to keep their arms tight so they don't elbow the bases?**

My personal opinion is the school cheer shouldn't even be a consideration in this decision and I would not let cp relocate for less than a Worlds team.

**What if 'gun control' meant flyers had to keep their arms tight so they don't elbow the bases?**

But Chapin is really good and you're basically guaranteed a ring now that River Bluff is 4A.......

We cannot give you a straight up go or don't go because your situation is different than anyone else's. We can only offer our opinion or thoughts of the scenario.

I am not sure why your mom moving with you was a viable option considering how busy you say the family is.

Straight out your options are
1. Move
2. Commute
3. Stay at existing gym.

If the family business is making a move very difficult you are now down to 2 options.

If moving is still an option you were offered many suggestions on what to look for or ask about the school cheer squad and the education.

a worlds team would be my goal of course. thank you for the positive feedback. one consideration I had, (very slim chance of this happening) is that my family has really good friends who live in Atlanta, would that be crazy to like stay with them and go somewhere like stingrays or any other gym there? just an option, not very likely of happening.

a worlds team would be my goal of course. thank you for the positive feedback. one consideration I had, (very slim chance of this happening) is that my family has really good friends who live in Atlanta, would that be crazy to like stay with them and go somewhere like stingrays or any other gym there? just an option, not very likely of happening.
Living with family or friends could be possible but school questions still remain.

Now, the bigger and more successful the gym you go the less chance of you making a worlds team unless you have solid L5 skills. Programs like TG, ACE, GA, CEA, CA, and CA don't mess around. All of those programs have kids with solid level 5 skills that are on R5 and even L4 teams because their are others that are better.

Anything over 45 minutes is too far. You're welcome. ;)

Eta: also, my children are sure we can afford and have all sorts of time for their every whim. I'd discuss this 100% with your parents. Their opinion is the most valuable.
My brother is almost 21, and the way my parents have raised him I'm CONVINCED he truly believes that no matter his problems, my parents will sort him out. Like he won't have to do anything, all situations are totally possible, and some magic money fairy wand will wave and it's all sorted.

I blame my father. I'm far more practical about these things.

Seriously- go to your parents with a variety of options, pros and cons for each, and hear their reasoning out. Everything is all well and good in theory, and we can give you scenarios until the cows come home, but as long as they're footing the bill, it's THEIR decision that matters in this thing. And some times up front decisions change the tune of what's possible..

Living with family or friends could be possible but school questions still remain.

Now, the bigger and more successful the gym you go the less chance of you making a worlds team unless you have solid L5 skills. Programs like TG, ACE, GA, CEA, CA, and CA don't mess around. All of those programs have kids with solid level 5 skills that are on R5 and even L4 teams because their are others that are better.

ah yes, this would be the concerning part.

ah yes, this would be the concerning part.
I can't recall. What is the highest level of all star you have competed at and what skills beyond that level do you have that could go immediately into a routine? No playing I will have x in a few months.

I forgot if this was asked in the original thread but, why can't you just wait and super senior? Maybe take classes at a community college and make the commute to ACX or since you've implied that you're not set on a certain gym, maybe find one at the college you end up going to?

Back