All-Star Muscle Soreness Tips?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 25, 2015
I have just come back from a cheer camp, it went for 2 days. We did lots of things like stunting, tumbling, jumps, dance, motions and conditioning. Anyway, we did an exercise in conditioning where you lie on your back and lift your legs off the ground in small kicks and you don't let them touch the ground. I have very sore thighs, what are some tips for getting rid of soreness?

I have just come back from a cheer camp, it went for 2 days. We did lots of things like stunting, tumbling, jumps, dance, motions and conditioning. Anyway, we did an exercise in conditioning where you lie on your back and lift your legs off the ground in small kicks and you don't let them touch the ground. I have very sore thighs, what are some tips for getting rid of soreness?
Foam rollers are amazing and I totally reccommend them in regards to sore muscles. If you don't have a foam roller take a tennis ball and use it like a foam roller and it works almost the same! Hot baths with Epsom salts also help a ton along with massages. Some other things I found that helped me for sore muscles is icy hot/bio freeze and these patches for sore muscle by the brand salonpas. Basically you put the patch on the area where your muscles are sore and leave it on for up to 8 hours and they definitely help.

its lactic acid and other metabolite build-up in the muscles. also known as DOMS. it goes away with time; couple of days.

i might be a bit off in the head, but i love the feeling, cause it means i really worked myself really good. its actually quite soothing to me. hah.

its lactic acid and other metabolite build-up in the muscles. also known as DOMS. it goes away with time; couple of days.

i might be a bit off in the head, but i love the feeling, cause it means i really worked myself really good. its actually quite soothing to me. hah.
I like it, too. It's a good type of hurt. Feels like success [emoji14]

OP, I used to find that using those muscles again in a lighter workout the next day always took the edge off the soreness.

Make sure you stretch before going to bed, your muscles tend to tighten up over night, and drink plenty of water, you could also take ibuprofen to help ease the soreness, all three of these combined should take away the soreness within one day! :)

Back