Music Music??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 7, 2012
I just watched my second Worlds and I loved it even more than my first. The choreography, bows and uniforms, interaction between the coaches and kids, the parents going nuts, it was all good for me, except for the music.
Before anyone hates me, let me explain; I realize that I don't know enough about cheer to even
converse intelligently about it yet, and I'm so tone deaf I have to be told when the doorbell rings, but I
know what I like, and it isn't the current music being played. It sounds like a cat being caught in a vice
and I just don't get why there has to be screaching voice-overs that are barely understood. No, I don't need
to hear the Michigan fight song with a routine, but it would be nice to see and hear an alternative to what is
common now. Are there any other dinosaurs out there who feel the same way? If not, I'll just slink back into my cave. Please be kind. Remember, I'm good taste challenged.

I personally don't like the busy music either. I get that you want it to pop, and have certain things enhanced with sfx's and such. But in my opinion they are all to busy... if it were me I would like to see awesome music that you want to dance to mixed in with a few well placed voiceovers. Add in a ding, Dong, zap, zing, whatever to compliment the choreography, and call it good. I want the crowd beating their head side to side with the music the whole routine not just the last 15 seconds for the dance section.

More is not always better. I play the music for our gym at comps.. and I've noticed that the music that is super busy everyone just sits there and watches the routine... but the few teams that had more normal music you could see everyone including the sound guy bobbing their head... if the sound guy likes it that has to say something ha ha ha..

But then again I've only been apart of cheer for 2 years now, so what do I know.... it's just my opinion.

Back