All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't decide if this thread makes me want to open a gym more or less... More because I'd like to be a more scrupulous owner than what I've been seeing lately, less because these are the type of people I'd be up against... :confused:

I actually really love that idea. Not sure if we could make it happen and be successful with already established cheer magazines, but I know there are several people on the boards majoring in journalism. We could make a living writing about cheer. Say what?!

Haha but really, if anyone can shoot me contacts, I'll do this story.

You write an article, ill post and highlight it.

I can't decide if this thread makes me want to open a gym more or less... More because I'd like to be a more scrupulous owner than what I've been seeing lately, less because these are the type of people I'd be up against... :confused:
I have seen first hand all sides of this, the good, the bad and the ugly. I will say in my years of experience the cream rises to the top and "roller coaster" programs tend to fade out. Regardless of the size, each gym has their own "thing" that makes them a draw to a customer. If your "thing" is money, eventually it will run out.

I actually really love that idea. Not sure if we could make it happen and be successful with already established cheer magazines, but I know there are several people on the boards majoring in journalism. We could make a living writing about cheer. Say what?!

Looks like you got an offer ;)

I can actually see it happening. Like there can be a gossip column, fierceboard member of the month, teamof the month, stunts, stretching ideas.
Il subscribe to the fierceboard magazine :)

If there are any gym owners/coaches on the boards/reading this thread, and would be willing to talk a little about how they scholarship athletes (ie- having them coach or clean for their scholarship) please send me a PM with a way to contact you!

It is like lawn service in south Florida, the ones who do it the right way can't beat the price of the other ones who are paying people off the books, etc.... A lot of times people in the beginning are going to go the place that is least expensive but looks pretty with all the bells and whistles. They won't think about certifications and all that......

Ok, so I know this thread kinda ended a little left of where it started but....

I was told tonight that the reporter that did the story was fired the day after it aired. Looked on the website and she's no longer listed.... Wonder if, other then calling the station, if there's a way to find out.

Ok, so I know this thread kinda ended a little left of where it started but....

I was told tonight that the reporter that did the story was fired the day after it aired. Looked on the website and she's no longer listed.... Wonder if, other then calling the station, if there's a way to find out.
Interesting.

Hi all--

I'm a reporter working on a story about cheer recruiting. I'd love to hear from anybody who has first-hand experience with recruiting (positive or negative), whether you cheer, coach, or parent.

Also, does anybody still have a copy of Gianni from Trinity's response he released during that whole recruiting drama? I got the original email where he promised the moon & sky but can't seem to get a hold of the email response that this thread discusses.

If you can help out with either of these, please send me a DM! Thanks!

~Janet

Back