All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, can someone PLEASE tell me where Trinity is getting all this money from?

What 1st/2nd gym can afford to buy athletes' house, provide scholarships, and already own 3 locations? I'm so confused. Either someone is spending a whole lot of their inheritance or this is a businessman that I need to be on the phone with learning how to make more money...

So funny that I was just talking about this over the weekend. There has definitely been recruiting, though not necessarily to the high school. 100k start up loans for the parents if the kid comes to trinity. Fully furnished multi million dollar house, that was renting rooms to kids. Shady practices.

This story is going to get more interesting sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was not a multi million dollar home, if you're referring to the house where Angels sister was in probably cost about $200-$300K in todays market in and it's location. Don't know where you live but you can get a lot of house in GA for $200K;)

Not sure about GA, but in Florida, we have to leave a spot open for anyone who comes over summer or within the first two weeks of the new school year to try out (not counting freshman though).
I would like a version of this rule but I don't think that's how it works in GA. I think (and don't personally know) these high school coaches in GA get to do what they want, how they want and when they want without any imput until stuff starts hitting the fan.

So what if Jaime's name was never mentioned? Does it make it less wrong? Trinity's name was brought up in the article. I have seen similar instances regarding high school football recently locally (cost the team a state title). Regardless of "who" is involved, the fact is rules were broken. Love or hate the person that brought it to light. If you cheat, regardless of how you get caught, I'm glad you got caught.
Playing devils advocate , but what rules were broken?

I find it interesting that you don’t see a difference in the principal between the two scenarios. GA didn’t advertise scholarships to boys with level 2 skills. The scholarship offer was only to Worlds caliber athletes (which is not against the rules nor do I see anything wrong with). But it wasn’t done to be charitable – it was done to increase the gym’s chances for a quality World’s team and overall success of the program. If a gym spends a million dollars to house an entire team and waives tuition, competition and travel fees, I see no difference in what either gym is doing. I don’t like it, but it isn’t against USASF rules. Unfortunately, life isn’t fair, and there are gyms all over the country with competitive advantages and disadvantages, whether it be ownership’s personal wealth, or demographics to choose their customers from. Is it fair that a gym in one area has a population base of at least ten times less than a gym in another area to draw their customers from? Is it fair that a gym located in an area with a median income of $250,000 competes against a gym located in an area with a median income of $40,000? It happens everywhere and each gym does what they can to be successful. At the end of the day, most gyms will gain long-term success because of their leadership, not because of their bank account.
Jamie's gym is also in a affluent area if you are referring to median income of $40k, that would be way off. IMO- if you are waving fees for ANYone how can you speak against anyone, just because yours maybe tuition and someone else might be a ms whouse, car or a horse it's still the same. Maybe if boys were not cheering free at different programs maybe we would have boys for SMOKE, where everyone pays !

I didn't mention anything about Kim Zolciak. I was referring to the fact that the athletic booster in question from the CBS Atlanta article was mentioned in this article. Which just happened to be about "big, rich" people in Atlanta. I think that's pretty relevant, since one of the accusations is that she bought a house for one of the girls.

And yes, I know her mom works for her, but if a high school booster bought a house for one of the best football players in the state, and he m0ved on to the team at the start of school, there would be issues. I promise you.
I think this angle is wrong. I think she bought it for the purpose of renting it to her so she can be convenient to her job. Rather or not rent is fair market value or a part of her employment package is their business.

I think this angle is wrong. I think she bought it for the purpose of renting it to her so she can be convenient to her job. Rather or not rent is fair market value or a part of her employment package is their business.

You really seem to know a lot about the situation. Want to share with us who you are so we can decide whether to take what you're saying at face value?

Obviously you can just say no thank you ........... I can't be the only one who's curious!

Jamie's gym is also in a affluent area if you are referring to median income of $40k, that would be way off. IMO- if you are waving fees for ANYone how can you speak against anyone, just because yours maybe tuition and someone else might be a ms whouse, car or a horse it's still the same. Maybe if boys were not cheering free at different programs maybe we would have boys for SMOKE, where everyone pays !

Maybe the boys at Rays aged out? Also boys cheering at Rays would have to compete with Orange. Why not got to a gym that has been know to have some of the best boys in GA? Just a thought. Playing devil's advocate here...

8982515-a-cute-friendly-cartoon-monster-thinking-about-something-the-monster-is-green-with-blue-hair-white-b.jpg
Heyy lil' cutie...this little dragon thing is probably my favorite part of this thread. Okay, continue on with your discussion.

I see and understand your point but IMO this is an attack on the kids and the H.S. more then the gym that "took" all his kids. So what he couldn't get at the gym so he's going after the kids. (Assuming it was him that went to press)

Besides, if I remember correctly from the tryout season GA ended up with more teams this year then last. He also put it out there that he was giving out scholarships this year. Like someone else put in here earlier, recruiting is bad for everyone else to do but not him?
The more pressing matter to me is the fact that All Star Cheerleading is a youth oriented sport with 80% of the industry being levels 1-4. And whilst we all point fingers, attack one another, and bicker... we forget that the very youth this sport is centered on are learning this behavior. If a gym owner takes reservation with the ethics of a competitor, lead by example. If a gym owner wants the talent of a competitor, know what your coaching and coach it well... develop the talent you have. All Star Cheerleading has become a toxic, bitter place for kids and young athletes to be... and paying so much reference to the questionable actions of those who let kids down because they want to win is also a failure. Long story short, if the leaders in this industry can't walk the road less traveled, and put good honest work into their business and craft... and simply sell out on values to win, subsequently we are selling out on building the character of the innocent youth and young adults. We are not just loosing kids to each others gyms... we are loosing them to other sports. Ipso facto, by the very nature of the behavior surrounding this issue, cheerleading is in disrepair, and if not fixed... All Star Cheerleading will have no clientele base thus leading to an industry wide implosion.

Back