All-Star My Daughter Wants To Quit Allstar Cheer...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Be honest with your coach and team about it. This way you do not burn any bridges should you decide to go back to all star after the season. Does your all star gym have a half-year team? If so, maybe then you can still do both.
i would hav to quit allstar all together this year.. i just don't want to hurt anyones feelings on my team, i love everyone so much and i don't want to let them down!

i would hav to quit allstar all together this year.. i just don't want to hurt anyones feelings on my team, i love everyone so much and i don't want to let them down!
Im assuming you live in illinois due to your picture and that would explain why you have to quit allstar. But you can legally cheer allstar on a quarter year high school off season team! Tell your team you're not really 'leaving' you just wont be around till later in the season. And you can still take tumbling and go to open gyms with them.

All I have to say is to not force her into doing it bcause it only drives her away from you and her interest in competitive cheer.:enjoyshow:

Maybe u can talk to her coaches about maybe taking a couple weeks off and see if that helps, im sure they would let her if they know shes thinking about quitting. Being on open level 5 would be really hard on a 12 year old so maybe she does just need a break

Im assuming you live in illinois due to your picture and that would explain why you have to quit allstar. But you can legally cheer allstar on a quarter year high school off season team! Tell your team you're not really 'leaving' you just wont be around till later in the season. And you can still take tumbling and go to open gyms with them.
In Illinois do you need to pick one or the other? In NY you are allowed to do both although some HS teams do not allow their members to also do all star; it depends how competitive the HS program is.

In Illinois do you need to pick one or the other? In NY you are allowed to do both although some HS teams do not allow their members to also do all star; it depends how competitive the HS program is.
You may not practice with an All Star team until the day after the State Series which is usually the first week of Feb. Once State competition is over, you can cheer All Star but those gyms/ teams know these atletes still have basketball cheer committments. UA has 4 "after high school teams" just for this purpose.

You may not practice with an All Star team until the day after the State Series which is usually the first week of Feb. Once State competition is over, you can cheer All Star but those gyms/ teams know these atletes still have basketball cheer committments. UA has 4 "after high school teams" just for this purpose.
I'm learning all sorts of new things today. Thank you Fierce Board!

Back