All-Star "name" Of Gym Affecting Placement?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From an EP producer standpoint I appreciate all the conversations and comments and will definitely look into the possibility of releasing our element evaluation sheets online or at the event. This could be an interesting way to display our scores and get a little interaction from our parents in the competition. Who knows it may enhance the overall environment. Thanks for the feedback.

I can promise that if your event is run professionally and you find an innovative way to display scores after a team performs, people will take notice.

I'd be happy to help focus parent feedback for you. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Andre, can you please list the steps you think would be effective in getting this changed? The poll seems a good start, but needs a lot more numbers behind it. Then what?

You suggest submitting a proposal. Who/where would this be most effective coming from? A group of cheerleaders? Coaches? Owners? Parents?

Where and how would it be submitted? Reviewed?
The best way to be to get gym owners/coaches/etc. to consistently ask for the scores to be released. When an event producer actually DOES release scores, make sure that you attend events by that EP in the future and avoid those that don't.

Open scoring should not be the only factor when deciding where to take teams, but it should certainly play a part.

Start with what BlueCat has said about constantly asking EPs for scores to be released, especially if you can do it publicly. I also think someone needs to make sure it gets proposed as a rule change for the next cycle. I don't think it's something that the USASF will require even if it's passed in voting, but we'll be able to see if it's something the coaches want.

From an EP producer standpoint I appreciate all the conversations and comments and will definitely look into the possibility of releasing our element evaluation sheets online or at the event. This could be an interesting way to display our scores and get a little interaction from our parents in the competition. Who knows it may enhance the overall environment. Thanks for the feedback.

As a parent I appreciate your willingness to try something new, but parents should stay out of it....I think the "You can look, but not touch" approach is best. That should be left up to the coaches

Do I count as the general public? Because I want scores released :D

It doesn't even have to be a huge, 'All-Or-Nothing-All-At-Once' change. Give EPs time to get a system that releases them in a timely manner but is as accurate as possible. I don't need comments, they're not useful to me. Just score breakdowns for each category. Doesn't need to be super complex..

As a parent, I would love to see breakdowns of the scores by component (doesn't have to be at the per-judge level).

I am probably not the typical parent however. I do spend a lot of my own time trying to read / understand scoresheets as I like to know what's going on and what to expect.

As a parent I appreciate your willingness to try something new, but parents should stay out of it....I think the "You can look, but not touch" approach is best. That should be left up to the coaches

I should clarify, I'd LOVE the public posting, my response was to what I highlighted above

Back