All-Star "name" Of Gym Affecting Placement?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks Troy! Just doing what I can to try to make the best scoring system for JAMZ as possible. It's always a work in progress. Yes, the wow factor was too arbitrary to continue to have in our very specific scoring system.

On another note JAMZ has for at least the last 3 years shown every coach every score that each judge gives all teams in THEIR divisions. However, I do not think it is necessary to print or publish these out to the general public. I think it is okay to show them the final score for each team but to show the score for each judge for each category for each team is a little over the top. The idea is to educate the coaches and teams in that division and not create a feeding ground for the general public. Now coaches can do whatever they want to with that element evaluation sheet including copying it for all their kids and parents.

Lastly, the USASF should let independently owned companies do what they think fits their customers best. Bottom line is if coaches demanded it enough it will happen. Why not let the free market work and stop regulating independent business decisions by each company. But is support the process of making recommendations and submitting them to the USASF. Just a thought....

Thanks Troy! Just doing what I can to try to make the best scoring system for JAMZ as possible. It's always a work in progress. Yes, the wow factor was too arbitrary to continue to have in our very specific scoring system.

On another note JAMZ has for at least the last 3 years shown every coach every score that each judge gives all teams in THEIR divisions. However, I do not think it is necessary to print or publish these out to the general public. I think it is okay to show them the final score for each team but to show the score for each judge for each category for each team is a little over the top. The idea is to educate the coaches and teams in that division and not create a feeding ground for the general public. Now coaches can do whatever they want to with that element evaluation sheet including copying it for all their kids and parents.

Lastly, the USASF should let independently owned companies do what they think fits their customers best. Bottom line is if coaches demanded it enough it will happen. Why not let the free market work and stop regulating independent business decisions by each company. But is support the process of making recommendations and submitting them to the USASF. Just a thought....

When will you put out a general schedule? still trying to make travel arrangements based on the General Schedule., thanks

I'm just curious, what's the harm in the entire audience (coaches, kids, fans) knowing who beat who on jumps, tumbling etc.?

It seems like there's a group of us that want transparency in scoring so the question needs to shift to how do we get from where we are to where we want to be.
Andre, can you please list the steps you think would be effective in getting this changed? The poll seems a good start, but needs a lot more numbers behind it. Then what?

You suggest submitting a proposal. Who/where would this be most effective coming from? A group of cheerleaders? Coaches? Owners? Parents?

Where and how would it be submitted? Reviewed?

The best way to be to get gym owners/coaches/etc. to consistently ask for the scores to be released. When an event producer actually DOES release scores, make sure that you attend events by that EP in the future and avoid those that don't.

Open scoring should not be the only factor when deciding where to take teams, but it should certainly play a part.

Varsity is stepping in the right direction at least. They still don't give out potentially the most helpful information - the difficulty/execution breakdown - but they are getting better.

I don't understand who wants scores to be private so bad? Like it seems the vast majority wants the scores to be public, who is fighting for them to stay private?

I don't understand who wants scores to be private so bad? Like it seems the vast majority wants the scores to be public, who is fighting for them to stay private?

The only legitimate reason I've heard is from a coach that said (paraphrase): If I've figured out a way to hit the scoresheet better than the next guy, why should he benefit from my hard work?

So I can kinda see that. But coaches study routines now, so I'm not sure it holds a lot of water.

The only legitimate reason I've heard is from a coach that said (paraphrase): If I've figured out a way to hit the scoresheet better than the next guy, why should he benefit from my hard work?

So I can kinda see that. But coaches study routines now, so I'm not sure it holds a lot of water.

Especially with rubrics specifically spelling out what will max out a routine.

I've said that so idk if ACEDAD is paraphrasing me specifically but I'm all for transparency, just without comments. I think every score should be public knowledge even if it's withheld until after awards.

I've said that so idk if ACEDAD is paraphrasing me specifically but I'm all for transparency, just without comments. I think every score should be public knowledge even if it's withheld until after awards.
Yes I actually wouldn't mind having them wait to release scores until after awards. Nothing beats the surprise feelings you have when they call your name.

WorkToWin said:
Yes I actually wouldn't mind having them wait to release scores until after awards. Nothing beats the surprise feelings you have when they call your name.

I was just looking at still shots of our last celebration. There is no replacing that.

Maybe you're so suprised cause no one can ever really tell who is going to win with the ways scores are secret right now.

Back