Name Of Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is the name of the flyer position where the top girl is holding her stretch by reaching her hands around her back? (My flyer gets into it by hitting a no handed stretch and then wrapping her arms around her back and clasping her hands together). I had one girl call it the reach-around stunt (a youth kid) which is why I wanting to find a different name to call it by cause I had a hard time keeping a straight face at that! :p

NCA calls it a "Dive bomb" which seems pretty appropriate. Although it scares the pants off our flyers when we tell them that they are going to learn how to "dive bomb"! lol

What is the name of the flyer position where the top girl is holding her stretch by reaching her hands around her back? (My flyer gets into it by hitting a no handed stretch and then wrapping her arms around her back and clasping her hands together). I had one girl call it the reach-around stunt (a youth kid) which is why I wanting to find a different name to call it by cause I had a hard time keeping a straight face at that! :p

Haha, that's quite cute. I've heard it called a pretzel before, not sure if it's got a more "official"-sounding name though.

Dont know the name, but i wonder what level skill thats considered? I saw many worlds teams doing it, however this past season at my gym our senior 4 team also did that stunt.
It's a level 4 skill if done at shoulder level. It's a level 5 skill if done above shoulder level. We call it an inversion.

It's a level 4 skill if done at shoulder level. It's a level 5 skill if done above shoulder level. We call it an inversion.

I think we might be thinking about a different stunt because we competed ours on a Youth level two.
I finally found a picture though - I think I might stick with calling it the Pretzel.

2uz822g.jpg

I think we might be thinking about a different stunt because we competed ours on a Youth level two.
I finally found a picture though - I think I might stick with calling it the Pretzel.

2uz822g.jpg

Yeah i think we are speaking about a different stunt :)

My flyer learned that in high school, and we always called it a flamingo.

2uz822g.jpg
thats called a Barbie

2uz822g.jpg
we call this a paper clip and the OP's stunt a waterfall

What is it called when the flyer is in an extension with her feet together, the bases let go and the backspot keeps holding the ankles, and then she flips forward and they catch her on her back?
We call it the "taco down".

kingston This thread reminds me, what happened with the Cheeropedia? It would be so helpful to resolve questions like this.

We call it a waterfall. Once it gets to level six and is released, we call it a front pike.

It got stalled until I had more time to put into it.

Back