All-Star Nca Bid Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ACEDAD

Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive".
Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
If we can, let's try to post any relevant discussions about the number and awarding of bids in this thread.

As we all know, NCA advertised 7 paid bids and 21 at large bids.

They have (apparently) awarded 8 paid bids and 24 at large bids.

Several people have already pointed out that a number of the at large bids appear to have been awarded to teams that already had at large bids or partial paid bids.

Now theres nothing wrong with receiving a new at large bid, but a team has to actually give up their prior at large before attempting to attain a new one.

Also, I don't have a problem with awarding more bids as long as there is a specific allowance for it. I'm not aware of that allowance so if that's what happened, I'm hoping someone will post the facts.

Well.. the new NCA bid list is up (since the award ceremony), and it's 14 teams different (I think that's right) for level 5 bids than when they were originally announced. I wish they would have double and triple checked before announcing them because I feel kind of bad for those teams who didn't get the recognition for recieving an at-large bid (because it's still a big accomplishment for a lot of gyms) during their award ceremony.

Well.. the new NCA bid list is up (since the award ceremony), and it's 14 teams different (I think that's right) for level 5 bids than when they were originally announced. I wish they would have double and triple checked before announcing them because I feel kind of bad for those teams who didn't get the recognition for recieving an at-large bid (because it's still a big accomplishment for a lot of gyms) during their award ceremony.

Will you post that link?

On the link it has Junglecats and Ladykats as getting an at large but they already received at larges earlier in the season from Cheer America and ACA. They could have denied their bids but if the wiki is accurate they didn't.

Just a quick question, if the level 6 bids are wrong, what would happen? Because there's only 1 other level 6 team who doesn't already have an at-large bid and they'd have 2 to give away.. would they just award the 1 and lose the other one?

On the link it has Junglecats and Ladykats as getting an at large but they already received at larges earlier in the season from Cheer America and ACA. They could have denied their bids but if the wiki is accurate they didn't.
We had recently declined the previous level 6 bids due to significant roster changes.

I am wondering what went wrong with the At Large bids, NCA always has a large number of teams competing with existing bids. Last year was the first year I tracked it closely during the day (as it was my first time at home in a long while), and NCA managed it very well. I don't remember many mistakes (maybe a couple). So it seems like something really broke down in the process this year. And while I am sure they will get it all straightened out, teams left thinking they didn't get a bid and missed out on that celebration :(

What I don't understand is how hard is it to go through the paper work cause I always thought you had to fill out a bid declaration form. Maybe next year they need to have one person who just does that filling of those forms, they have enough staff to do so. If people on this board can do it I bet someone with the proper paperwork in front of them can.

Lots of teams will make changes right before the comp and deny the bid very close to the comp. I dont believe there is any public way that anyone can know a team had denied a bid going for a new one.

Lots of teams will make changes right before the comp and deny the bid very close to the comp. I dont believe there is any public way that anyone can know a team had denied a bid going for a new one.
But they had ~13 at large bids wrong, teams with bids that had not denied them, so seems like something in the process just went way wrong. I am wondering if the effort to get the bid awards done so quickly at the completion of the last session was a contributing factor?

What I don't understand is how hard is it to go through the paper work cause I always thought you had to fill out a bid declaration form. Maybe next year they need to have one person who just does that filling of those forms, they have enough staff to do so. If people on this board can do it I bet someone with the proper paperwork in front of them can.
A big part of the problem probably lies on the gym side. NCA sent out a form to all teams in the Worlds division asking for all of the details about the previous bids. My guess is that not every gym sent it back.

I think I read NCA is calling gyms and telling them they made a mistake and they aren't getting bids like announced.. Is this true? Also, did Prodigy Midnight (MedCoed) not receive a bid due to this? Like, did it get taken back?

Back