All-Star Nca Bid Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw on twitter the Twist & Shout's All girl level 6 team had the overall highest score of the competition, makes me sad that they don't give paid bids to level 6 teams (at NCA and most other competitions).
The level 6 score sheet is out of 103, not 100. So while their score was highest, the Perfection score, which is their actual score divided by 103, was not higher than the level 5s.

The level 6 score sheet is out of 103, not 100. So while their score was highest, the Perfection score, which is their actual score divided by 103, was not higher than the level 5s.

Their standard for bid score as well as their final score was still higher then Cali Aces and they got a paid bid.

I saw on twitter the Twist & Shout's All girl level 6 team had the overall highest score of the competition, makes me sad that they don't give paid bids to level 6 teams (at NCA and most other competitions).

They had a 93.98 and a perfection score of 91.24 - much lower than most of the coed teams. Unless you mean T&S coed...

http://varsity.com/uploads/events/eventid_1560/files/L6-IOPENCO__2.pdf

http://varsity.com/uploads/events/eventid_1560/files/L6-IOPEN__2-REPOST.pdf

And imrichhowboutu, Justin Carrier already said earlier in this thread that NCA was only giving one AL to each of the level 6 winners and then had issues and gave out more to account for them. Level 6 was never even in contention for full paid bids as it so rarely is.

Twist & Shout Genesis (IOC6) Had a final score of 97.08, a Perfection score of 94.82, and a bid standard score of 96.72 but still did not get a paid bid because they were a level 6 team. In my opinion that team deserved a paid bid just as much as any of the level 5 teams.

NCA gives their bid decleration much in advance. If a level 6 team wanted a bid, they would have to look for a competition that would give them one. There aren't that many great level 6 teams that even deserve a paid. But i am sure they could find an EP that would do it.

Oh I am sure they could I just feel it is a shame that more competition don't hand out paid bids to deserving level 6 teams. They should at least be in the list to possibly get one, doesn't mean that they automatically will but they still have that chance. (I actually think that team has a partial paid bid already)

NCA gives their bid decleration much in advance. If a level 6 team wanted a bid, they would have to look for a competition that would give them one. There aren't that many great level 6 teams that even deserve a paid. But i am sure they could find an EP that would do it.

You're right, in this case we can't fault NCA, but many EPs don't give a bid declaration at all. You go into competitions not even knowing if the EP is going to give a bid to Level 6, much less a paid one. I can give you two examples of that where we have discussed the issue, including this weekend's competition (the EP has a varsity scoresheet for level 6 but worlds scoresheets for every other division), and my level 6 team got a bid at that comp last year.

You're right that 99% of the time a level 6 team won't have a high enough perfection score to even qualify for a paid bid, but it's a shame that they're so often excluded.

You're right, in this case we can't fault NCA, but many EPs don't give a bid declaration at all. You go into competitions not even knowing if the EP is going to give a bid to Level 6, much less a paid one. I can give you two examples of that where we have discussed the issue, including this weekend's competition (the EP has a varsity scoresheet for level 6 but worlds scoresheets for every other division).

You're right that 99% of the time a level 6 team won't have a high enough perfection score to even qualify for a paid bid, but it's a shame that they're so often excluded.
Just to add on to that, I have been able to email EPs and find out how bids are being given out and I have not had to say I am even affiliated with a program or coach a team.

You could probably do the same for anything in question. For this upcoming weekend, I have an email from Spirit Fest from august saying that only senior teams are getting paid bids, and only 1 at large is guaranteed to an international team.

Just to add on to that, I have been able to email EPs and find out how bids are being given out and I have not had to say I am even affiliated with a program or coach a team.

You could probably do the same for anything in question. For this upcoming weekend, I have an email from Spirit Fest from august saying that only senior teams are getting paid bids, and only 1 at large is guaranteed to an international team.

For me this is exactly the problem, I just want to know why Int 5 and level 6 are ever excluded, but you can give bids to 12th, 13th, 17th, 20th, 27th etc. place in level 5 with no problem. Then everyone complains that the divisions are too big, I really just want to understand it so it doesn't bother me anymore.

The bid declarations should be pretty visible on their website and/or posted at USASF. While I appreciate the EPs that will send it out, why would they want to have lots of people emailing them for something that should be readily available?

For me this is exactly the problem, I just want to know why Int 5 and level 6 are ever excluded, but you can give bids to 12th, 13th, 17th, 20th, 27th etc. place in level 5 with no problem. Then everyone complains that the divisions are too big, I really just want to understand it so it doesn't bother me anymore.

For what it's worth, that competition will, and has, given out more than 1 AL bid to international teams. They set one aside for the highest scoring international team, guaranteed, but then any other international team that scores high enough (percentage wise - though this comp uses the worlds scoresheet so they're all out of 300 anyway) can get one. They just reserve the paid bids for senior teams, which might be annoying, but isn't uncommon.

Just to clarify, Level 5 International Open and Level 5 International Open Coed aren't excluded from PAID bids at NCA. Actually, Level 5 International Teams have the same opportunity at a PAID bid like all the other Level 5 teams. The only group excluded from the general process was Level 6.

While I agree that 12th place seems a bit further down the line than you'd expect from a bid winning team--but not after you look at the line up of teams or consider that there were divisions with up to 33 teams vying for a spot. I would whole-heartedly put NCA's 12th place team up against most of the PAID bid winners and National Champions from other bid-giving competitions.

Back