All-Star Nca Day 2 Updates (saturday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i havent seen too much video of any teams from nca, but im not surprised panthers would be in first. i know CA have said in the past NCA to them is their biggest comp of the season, so they clearly changed something to make sure they would outscore the rest of large senior.

is this considered OOB?

21l67q0.jpg
Nope, both feet have to be completely off the floor/red.

This is coming from one of the members of Senior Elite. The deduction was for the music being too long/over time. The music stops before they do the ending pose but NCA includes the ending pose in the time limit and therefore they were over the limit.

92f437a4961e3849ca6e6327bc067456.jpg

b88e99f47046b48d571b0a025b6d5703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, what a ridiculous and random rule...

Wow, what a ridiculous and random rule...
How is it ridiculous or random? It's not any different than the music being too long.

Just for reference here's the wording from the NCA rule book
ROUTINE REQUIREMENTS
1. Each team will perform a choreographed routine not to exceed 2 minutes and 30 seconds (150 seconds; EXCEPTION: All-Star Prep time limit is 2 minutes).
2. Music is required for all of the routine. A 2.0 penalty will be assessed if music is not used for the entire routine.
3. Organized, formal entrances that involve organized cheers or run-ons with jumps, tumbling, or stunts are not permitted. Cheerleaders should enter the performance area in a timely fashion.
4. Timing will begin with the first note of music by the team after they are officially announced and have taken the floor. Cheerleaders must have at least one foot on the performing surface when the routine starts.
5. Timing will end with the last organized word, movement, or note of music by the team. Teams must exit the performance area immediately following the routine.
6. Team names will be called twice: once as the team on deck and once as the next team to perform.
7. Routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Any vulgar or suggestive movements, words, or music will result in a score deduction. No tear-away uniforms or removal of clothing is allowed. Judges’ decisions are final

The whole team is tweeting they're in first so it'll be really awkward if once scores come out that they aren't.... A coach must have told them.
That's still uncalled for :(
I think people should wait before the official standings come out before saying you're in first. Like if their coach told them then okay yeah but don't post about it until it's official I guess

We get the prelim rankings from NCA. They are either handed to us by an NCA official in our packet or they are physically posted in the coach hospitality room. Sometimes, the first we see of the rankings is online, but Internet is so spotty in the convention center that we often get it earlier in person. NCA says they put the results online at the same time they physically post them in the coaches room or hand them out, but we certainly aren't going to double check to see if they are doing that before telling the athletes. Prelims are "official" when NCA gives out the rankings to the teams, not when they put it on their app or site.

Last edited:
So despite having two tumblers collide and fall to lateral, you still have the highest tumbling execution? Better than Orange and Stars? :confused: OK, NCA. I miss the days when you used to announce the scores 15 minutes after each team. Time for bed.

Take a look at the synchronicity in the various teams' tumbling and it might make more sense to you.

How is it ridiculous or random? It's not any different than the music being too long.

Just for reference here's the wording from the NCA rule book
ROUTINE REQUIREMENTS
1. Each team will perform a choreographed routine not to exceed 2 minutes and 30 seconds (150 seconds; EXCEPTION: All-Star Prep time limit is 2 minutes).
2. Music is required for all of the routine. A 2.0 penalty will be assessed if music is not used for the entire routine.
3. Organized, formal entrances that involve organized cheers or run-ons with jumps, tumbling, or stunts are not permitted. Cheerleaders should enter the performance area in a timely fashion.
4. Timing will begin with the first note of music by the team after they are officially announced and have taken the floor. Cheerleaders must have at least one foot on the performing surface when the routine starts.
5. Timing will end with the last organized word, movement, or note of music by the team. Teams must exit the performance area immediately following the routine.
6. Team names will be called twice: once as the team on deck and once as the next team to perform.
7. Routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Any vulgar or suggestive movements, words, or music will result in a score deduction. No tear-away uniforms or removal of clothing is allowed. Judges’ decisions are final
Not ridiculous or random at all, in fact they could've given them a 2 point deduction for having part of the routine without music. Seems that they were actually being nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back