All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will admit I haven't looked too much at non-level 5 teams this weekend, but I think Level 5 has been pretty spot on as well as the other divisions I have seen. NCA seems to be the most accurate competition every year in my opinion.
I don't understand the placements of large coed 5(other than first, I know why Top Gun won) or any of the placements for large senior 4A

i know cea has a pro shop but i never see anything SSX on it, do they have a separate pro shop.

I had the info forwarded to me for SSX tesm fundraiser and bought a SSX shark bite bow and shark tank. They are cery cute and not available on proshop. The CEA NCA shirt has been available on their website for a while now.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Choosing to comment on the positive highlights from the weekend because there has been too much negativity today:

10) smoed looking great affirming that yes they are indeed still smoed, the team to beat in their division
9) lady bullets finally looking like lady bullets today
8) angel rice kick double
7) I had never seen TGLC perform live--mind blown both days
6) I didn't see woodlands elite black ops yesterday but I did today and I loved them, Without the stunt issue they might be NCA champs
5) 2 great performances by Coed Elite, no matter what their place or deductions I love to watch this team
4) Watching CSP during all cea performances, love her.
3) 2 perfect, flawless and championship winning routines from spirit of texas purple royalty, so amazing
2) two unbelievable performances from Senior Elite, the performances I knew they were capable of and performances worth the price and sacrifices made to be here
1) getting to watch my peach live twice and watching them hit a great routine tonight, after so many years, it's great to see her getting to live her dream

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ok I'm kinda confused about something. Since I don't know how scoring works and after reading the explanations on here (even by coaches), why is everyone in such shock that certain teams did not win? If there's the possibility for a different panel for each day (explaining why a raw score was higher on some teams today compared to yesterday), surely the coaches know this and I would assume their long time athletes do as well, no? I get being disappointed, but if you're a coaching genius, good w/numbers, understand the scoring system from several different comps w/different EP's (i.e. Jambrands and Varsity), and adjust your routines accordingly for each specific comp, why the shock? I happen to truly suck at math, but a 25/75 split w/two different panels for each day seems like a no brainer to me. What I am I missing?

I guess I'm confused, but I thought there would be a paid bid given in each of the level 5 worlds divisions. No one from medium coed or large coed received a bid and in other divisions two teams got paid bids. I'm assuming it reverted to score but that wasn't how I read the bid declaration. How and when do they make the decision to award them different than the bid declaration said and did the teams know they would do this? Just thinking of a team like WC odyssey that would have been in line for the paid in medium coed but didn't get it. Would that have been a surprise to them?

Back