All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has this ever happened before? That would be devastating for the team that "won".
not entirely sure. i thought i remembered something similar happening before? at a smaller comp maybe?? unless I'm totally making this up which could be true, I'm exhausted. hahah. my guess is that they actually would be willing to admit they made a mistake that they would give the team jackets and a trophy too, but not take it away from the other team.. this is a guess though

Casey Jones put out a message to everyone that the Staff would deal with issues with NCA in a professional way, and for everyone to focus on the accomplishments

Ughhhhhh good lord I love Rays so much. If I ever have children (which I won't, but hypothetically let's say), I will uproot my life and move to GA so they can be raised within that program, assuming they want to cheer. If it takes a village to raise a child, that's the village I want. I have so much respect for them it makes me teary eyed.

i saw that and thank god for that! directly talking to officials of NCA is probably gonna get you further and make your program look a lot better than tweeting about how they're dumb*****.

but serious question, say they did get through to the NCA officials and challenged a deduction or score that put them in second instead of first, would NCA take away the jacket/trophy from the original team?.. genuinely curious how this would be handled
I don't know that anything would be changed now, BUT in my experience, most EP's have the original winner keep everything they won, and give the new winner jackets etc.

Does anyone know the official list of teams that got at-large Worlds bids? What was announced last night and what's on the Road to Worlds site don't match up.

ETA: Just kidding, it's fixed now.

I fixed it this morning :) Someone entered some incorrect information last night and I needed to add Woodlands Recon and remove Super Seniors

Has anyone determined that SE ending move after the music stopped is what cost them the win.....
I'm curious as to why no coach in that gym would not think that might be a problem, like even I questioned them doing that at the very beginning of the season. I always figured once the music stops that's all the time you get to do one last choreographed move.

I fixed it this morning :) Someone entered some incorrect information last night and I needed to add Woodlands Recon and remove Super Seniors
Thanks, I was like that doesn't seem right. Also, do you know where Fiercekatz got their paid bid? It's listed as them having one on RTW but not where it's from, just curious.

Thanks, I was like that doesn't seem right. Also, do you know where Fiercekatz got their paid bid? It's listed as them having one on RTW but not where it's from, just curious.

Hmm. I think they must have incorrectly been entered as a full paid bid winner at some earlier comp this season, which labeled their AL bid as inactive (hence the upgraded to FP comment). I don't think they actually have a FP bid.

Has anyone determined that SE ending move after the music stopped is what cost them the win.....
I'm curious as to why no coach in that gym would not think that might be a problem, like even I questioned them doing that at the very beginning of the season. I always figured once the music stops that's all the time you get to do one last choreographed move.
It was one of their athletes that came onto the boards to clarify what the deduction was for. So unless the person behind the account is impersonating someone on the team, the information should be genuine. Also, I'm surprised they never got deducted for it at previous competitions..... I guess NCA's just particularly strict.

They're not used to ending in a dance, so they probably weren't sure on an ending pose, so they did two. Lol.
But I'm not sure if that's what cost it for them. I have been thinking that extra bit at the end has been putting them over the time limit though, but a lot have said it wasn't.

I think that's a mistake. I think someone incorrectly entered them as a FP winner and then deleted it. But because they were entered as FP, it made their AL inactive and flagged it that they upgraded.

I think that's a mistake. I think someone incorrectly entered them as a FP winner and then deleted it. But because they were entered as FP, it made their AL inactive and flagged it that they upgraded.
sad :( saw a few tweets and i think fiercekatz thought they got a FP as well

sad :( saw a few tweets and i think fiercekatz thought they got a FP as well
I think some people, including me initially, thought they had a guaranteed bid because they were top 3 of their division, but for the Open 5 divisions, only the winner was guaranteed a bid.

I've had my fair share of experience in other competitive youth sports and I've seen it in this sport more than any other--at least where social media is concerned. Again, this is just my personal experience, but when you start questioning the legitimacy of the competition, you're, in essence, bringing into question the legitimacy of the sport. Which is aggravating because, guess what, so is the rest of the world. We're the ones supposed to be promoting the sport, not "losing faith in it". Honestly, I'll take a personal attack on my hair or uniform over conspiracy theories of rigged competitions and biased judges any day. It's just so heedless and damaging to the sport, IMO. I get no one's in my corner on this one, and that's fine, agree to disagree.

And, you're right, it's not that serious. I'm just always surprised with the amount people who can't keep their emotions in check. High emotions or not, have some tact (this is more directed to parents and coaches than hormonal teens lol).

But really... What person that has no affiliation to cheer is checking cheer twitters and instagrams to see if they should consider cheer a legitimate sport or not?

They've already made up their minds, and I doubt people who question cheer's legitimacy are seeing any of those posts.

But really... What person that has no affiliation to cheer is checking cheer twitters and instagrams to see if they should consider cheer a legitimate sport or not?

They've already made up their minds, and I doubt people who question cheer's legitimacy are seeing any of those posts.

I mean I'd probably do a quick social media check of any gyms/teams I was considering for future hypothetical child in any sport. stalking every athlete and coach I could find? no. definitely not.

Back