All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was that what the "Come back to Texas" in their routine was about?
Yes
was that the same year panthers' pyramid music had "look up the stars are fading"? I think that mix is still why I can't be a panther fan. I hold that against them.
No, those were years apart. I was actually just talking about that mix the other day. At worlds, Panthers were competing (in Finals) and Stars were standing next to me. Panthers had probably one of their worst performances ever, and when that part of the pyramid happened, all 36 Stars screamed the words as loud as they could.
Oooooh I forgot about that one. The worst I remember from those years was the F5 Haters mix. "Kitties belong in the litter box." Still don't know who made that, but dang it was awful.
A fan made it. I still listen to it occasionally. Makes me laugh

My CP performed at a local one day Cheersport event they were called for an illegality in the pyramid dismount. It cost them a first place finish. They had performed that same dismount 6 other times and had never been called on it. A month later they performed the same routine with a correction won their division at Cheersport Atlanta and won a paid bid to Summit. Judges do miss stuff.

I can almost understand that for a small local. But, when we're talking about two of the largest, and reputedly, most prestigious, competitions, just before Worlds, it's not professional to have these types of discrepancies. Especially, in such contested divisions, and when using the same scoresheet. I thought that was the whole idea behind using the same scoresheet.
Something I mentioned earlier in the thread: When my CP won NCA, we knew their scores 15 mins after they went on (day one), then announced during awards (day 2) no waiting; plus, clean, difficult and creative won. If we bobbled, and you didn't, guess what? If we both made mistakes, whomever made the least day 2, usually won. It was all very cut and dry. Pure, true competition. That's what made winning a jacket such a prize. Especially at L5. It was a fight to the finish!

Ties, questionable/missed deductions, delayed scoring, ads every 15 mins instead of scores...these are not a good look for Varsity, NCA, or the sport. Plus it sucks for the kids.

Soap box gone...

Tiny but mighty. We love her.
So how many/which teams went back to back this year?
The ones I know of are...
Cheer Athletics Itty Bitty Kitties Tiny 1
Pro Athletics Showstoppers Small Y2
World Cup Twinkles Large Y5
Stars Vipers Red Hot Mambas Large J3
World Cup Starlites Large JC5
Stars Vipers Diamondbacks Large S4 (3 peat)
Woodlands Elite Generals Small Senior 5 (3 peat)
Top Gun TGLC Large Coed 5
Cheer Athletics Panthers Large Senior 5 (4 peat)
CheerForce Nfinity IOC5
California All Stars Code 3 is a five time back to back winner in Small Senior Coed Level 3.

im just confused as to why they wouldnt think they might get a deduction for doing a choreographed move/pose after the music has stops. seems like common sense to me.
also has anyone been able to figure if the music deduction is what made them get 2nd... as an athlete i can imagine that being a hard pill to swallow and get over, and im sure as a coach an even harder one.

im just confused as to why they wouldnt think they might get a deduction for doing a choreographed move/pose after the music has stops. seems like common sense to me.
also has anyone been able to figure if the music deduction is what made them get 2nd... as an athlete i can imagine that being a hard pill to swallow and get over, and im sure as a coach an even harder one.
I just looked at the scores and Panthers had a 97.48 final score. Senior Elite had a 97.45. I calculated that without the .5 deduction, their final score would be 97.55, meaning that yes they would have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they would have won without that deduction.

Common sense to me would be that at some point in competing another competition would have ruled it the same way NCA did. Since no one pointed it out to them I could see why they'd believe it wasn't an issue though, to be fair, it is solely on Courtney's shoulders for not getting clarification before hand.

Though to play DA for a second, if they all did that choreo'd pose and then rose up like robots and marched off the stage versus the standard running, jumping, hugging, dragging self off would it still be counted? Or would it legit be considered the way they stand up and exit?

I could see the argument going both ways and I do feel bad for the 36 SE athletes who legit could have won NCA for the very first time for their gym had their coach and owner done a little more checking before hand.

I just looked at the scores and Panthers had a 97.48 final score. Senior Elite had a 97.45. I calculated that without the .5 deduction, their final score would be 97.55, meaning that yes they would have won.

wow. im sure the coaches at cea are all great, but the athletes really cant be pointing the finger at 1st place and nca judges as to why they lost. im just so baffled as to how they would think that doing any final move or pose after the music has clearly stopped wouldnt cause a problem/deduction.

Apologies, I haven't watched any videos. What was this choreographed movement after the end of the music that CEA received their deduction for?

I want to give another shout out to Jose Gonzalez from Top Gun

He was our choreographer for 3 of our teams that won. The only three he choreographed of ours all won.

As well as his amazing j3 that was in the other j3 division that he coaches won as well.

And then of course everyone saw OO5 kill it with their amazing routine.

I know he choreographs others too but he truly is amazing.

Oh and red hot mambas from our gym is back to back NCA champions
And
Diamondbacks went back 2 back 2 back just like their music said they would and well he choreographed all those routines for us as well the last few years!

I'm curious to know how many of the routines he has choreographed that has won NCA.

Brilliant!!

Eta: I know he also choreographs for a small gym in our area that compete small gym division but I believe they had 3 teams win NCA this weekend as well and I'm thinking he did all of their routines for those 3 or at least some of them. So just between us two alone he has numerous titles

He choreographs ICE Lady Lightning's routines and won the innovative choreography award last year...... this year, not so much.

California All Stars Code 3 is a five time back to back winner in Small Senior Coed Level 3.
Ha! Didn't notice someone already posted. CP only has two years on the team though

Also, I think California All Stars Junior Pink (Small Junior Level 1) is also a back to back NCA winner. Hope I'm not duplicating another post with this info.

Apologies, I haven't watched any videos. What was this choreographed movement after the end of the music that CEA received their deduction for?
Their music ends when some of the girls have their backs on the ground then they get up/sit up and fold their arms on their chest.

This whole pose after the music deduction thing reminds me of the time one of my former room mates got a ticket for not using her turn signal. Complain how unfair it is all you want, but you knew it was a law whether you've gotten away with it before or not. It doesn't matter if 20 cops saw you do it and didn't do anything, you still broke the law when you knew the rules of the road.

These are tough lessons to learn.

Just watched the Jtv video. They started at :35 and ended at 3:09, could be argued 3:10 maybe. That's 2 minutes and 34/35 seconds. I didn't realize they waited so long after the music to hit that pose....that is strange. Without the pose it's 2 minutes and 32 seconds.

Eta: does anyone have the official time rules on hand? I'd love to see the wording of the seconds part.

Back