All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And this is why I follow very few people on social media. I even cleaned out and unfollowed coaches and kids that I actually do KNOW personally several weeks ago so it's a crazy limited list now. It makes for post big-competition social media much less dramatic....although even in my limited view I saw people being salty last night about cp16 (and calling out his team) getting paid when they "finished 9th." It's whatever, some people just feel the need to be rude/ugly about everything. And I'm not saying I didn't have some response to them, I certainly did, but I didn't post it online :)

It's called restraint. Unfortunately most teenagers don't have a lot of it and social media is their outlet to vomit every thought they have upon the world.

Most of my best responses sadly go to the "delete" pile before being sent.

It can be incredibly tough not to defend your own team and athletes when someone is snarky about them online.

Most of my best responses sadly go to the "delete" pile before being sent.

It can be incredibly tough not to defend your own team and athletes when someone is snarky about them online.
Well it's a testament to you guys as well. I happened to be sitting next to cp16 on the couch when that stuff started and I was really proud of your athletes who were very clear with each other in their group chat (I didn't read it, but he was telling me about it) that they didn't need to respond negatively......they knew exactly how you all would respond to them as coaches if they did so they kept themselves in check as a group.

Well done!

The music stop deduction is a silly thing to focus on. Yeah, it's a technicality opposed to a real mistake, and its a shame no one told them about it yet, but I still think Panthers were amazing and deserved to win.

The only reason it's being continually focused on is because had SE not been deducted for it on Day 1, they would have won and Panther's would have taken 2nd.

The only reason it's being continually focused on is because had SE not been deducted for it on Day 1, they would have won and Panther's would have taken 2nd.

But they didn't have a perfect score and lost cause of the deduction - there were still other things that could have been better in their routine that could have made it so the music thing wouldn't have mattered.

I'm saying focus on the other things instead of the perceived injustice over the music deduction, but I guess that's not human nature to take responsibility for things.

Maybe they should go back and retroactively deduct points off the SE score at cheersport and take away their paid bid? ;). Of course they'd still get a paid bid from NCA anyways I guess so same difference.

So far we have at least five cp's who have earned jackets today! Congrats to Code 3, Twinkles and the Red Hot Mambas!

I think we also have kids on Obsession, but I am not positive if that changed this year.

and we have at least four other cp's who have placed.

CP #1 is on Obsession. CP #2 is on Obsession and Heart. So 3 jackets between my two girls! One happy and proud momma! :D

CP #1 is on Obsession. CP #2 is on Obsession and Heart. So 3 jackets between my two girls! One happy and proud momma! :D
[/QUOTE]

I don't think either Obsession coach is on the boards. But I coach Heart and they won so does that count? :D

so it was really FOUR jackets going back to your house!! <3 Congrats and I added you to the list. Both have Worlds bids right?

As to the music thing: I believe I remember reading that at least ONE competition (might it even have been Worlds?) that both starts and ends with either the choreographed movement/music etc. I have personally never seen anyone get deducted for it. What about the ones where it ends in a sassy walk? Have THEY ever been deducted.

This is like @imrichhowboutu and that timer all over again :D :p

ETA: I think that Panther routine with 'look up the stars are fading', they dropped 2 stunts. While it's not perfect, I'd hardly call that "falling apart." Compared to some of the tragedies we saw this weekend, not by a long shot.

As to the music thing: I believe I remember reading that at least ONE competition (might it even have been Worlds?) that both starts and ends with either the choreographed movement/music etc. I have personally never seen anyone get deducted for it. What about the ones where it ends in a sassy walk? Have THEY ever been deducted.

This is like @imrichhowboutu and that timer all over again :D :p

ETA: I think that Panther routine with 'look up the stars are fading', they dropped 2 stunts. While it's not perfect, I'd hardly call that "falling apart." Compared to some of the tragedies we saw this weekend, not by a long shot.
That was "falling apart" back then haha. It was a huge deal when anyone fell, now it's like who's gonna drop this time, crazy how things change.

I hope that is it; but, the fact that it came from someone with the name Cali in it makes me question it.Hopefully she will do what is right.

I'm from Cali and I "uncheck" it! (too bad it doesn't work that way)

I get what you were saying, and I know you're heart. You're not a Cali basher. xoxo

In finals, 2 stunt falls would be enough for me to consider it falling apart, but I definitely remember more deductions than that. I think they were in 1st going in to finals. They dropped to 7th. It was absolutely memorable for how stunned the crowd was during that routine.

Ha! Didn't notice someone already posted. CP only has two years on the team though

Also, I think California All Stars Junior Pink (Small Junior Level 1) is also a back to back NCA winner. Hope I'm not duplicating another post with this info.

Jr Pink is back to back to back! My cp was with them the last two years but not this year. So proud of the Pinkies!

Back