All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so it was really FOUR jackets going back to your house!! <3 Congrats and I added you to the list. Both have Worlds bids right?[/QUOTE]

Haha! Thanks! :) -- Heart is a Restricted 5 team so no worlds bid for them. They are going to Summit though. Obsession has their full paid bid to worlds.

Though I agree with most of what you say I would caution you about believing rumor and heresay. There's a lot of misinformation that gets disseminated out there. A lot of people have their own agendas and questionable motives.

Thanks for word of caution. I will tell you my comments on the scoring and judging are based on facts. I am keeping the information somewhat vague as to not point a finger at any one person since I feel it isn't necessarily the fault of any one person. NCA needed some help and put some people in difficult positions and they could have simply done the best they could.

I'm from Cali and I "uncheck" it! (too bad it doesn't work that way)

I get what you were saying, and I know you're heart. You're not a Cali basher. xoxo

definitely not a Cali basher :) although,, at times, I do wish some would chill on social media...but in regard to my original comment, I 100% meant it as she could have been tired or evn tweaked something because she just did an awesome save. No malice intended. I love a good save- and thought it might have played into the rest of the routine.

so it was really FOUR jackets going back to your house!! <3 Congrats and I added you to the list. Both have Worlds bids right?

Haha! Thanks! :) -- Heart is a Restricted 5 team so no worlds bid for them. They are going to Summit though. Obsession has their full paid bid to worlds.[/QUOTE]

lol ! I am so off my game today with stupid comments...I should have figured the restricted thing out myself lol

definitely not a Cali basher :) although,, at times, I do wish some would chill on social media...but in regard to my original comment, I 100% meant it as she could have been tired or evn tweaked something because she just did an awesome save. No malice intended. I love a good save- and thought it might have played into the rest of the routine.

Could be. I watched it live but haven't seen any video. I'll take a look.

And I think *several* programs' athletes and coaches need to chill on social media - ours included. ;)

Most of my best responses sadly go to the "delete" pile before being sent.

It can be incredibly tough not to defend your own team and athletes when someone is snarky about them online.

Preach.

I remember going to a competition a couple of years ago and our coaches warned all our teams they had been given instructions by EP that excessive celebrations could possibly penalized. After the routine is done they are to exit the mat asap. That there was a time limit on the mat.

The only reason it's being continually focused on is because had SE not been deducted for it on Day 1, they would have won and Panther's would have taken 2nd.
Im not really one to comment here but since you have made this statement a few times I'd like to know why you feel it's a legitimate statement to make. I don't claim to understand the scoring system perfectly so Im hoping you would explain the math behind your statement.

Im not really one to comment here but since you have made this statement a few times I'd like to know why you feel it's a legitimate statement to make. I don't claim to understand the scoring system perfectly so Im hoping you would explain the math behind your statement.

I hate math and the 'new' score without the time deduction has already been mentioned in this thread by someone else (I'm also too lazy to look) but to clear it up:

Panther's Day 1: 96.80 at 25% would be 24.2 points
Panther's Day 2: 97.70 at 75% would be 73.275
Total Score= 97.475 or 97.48 since NCA rounds up

Senior Elite Day 1: 96.40 at 25% would be 24.1 points
Senior Elite Day 1 without the time deduction: 96.90 would be 24.225
Senior Elite Day 2: 97.80 at 75% would be 73.35
Total Score= 97.45
Total Score without time deduction: 97.575 or 97.58 since NCA rounds up

Without the time deduction it would have gone
SE 97.58
Panthers 97.48

That is the meaning behind the comment; and the comments of other's who are questioning the time deduction, how it got past previous competitions, and most importantly, why CSP let it happen.

Not that it matters, I applaud the Panther's for a job well done.

Back to Abnormal Child Psychology---math hurts my head.

It's mathematically correct, assuming everything else would have stayed the same. Without the .5 deduction on day 1, Senior Elite would have scored a 96.9, bringing their final score to 97.575 (rounding up to 97.58) and ahead of Panthers' 97.48.

B_GaaVRVEAAeeaf.jpg

If you listen to SE's music after the big "SENIOR ELITE" at the end you hear "elite, elite" in an echo that last 3 seconds so techniqully there music was still going. It also took them 1 second to hit the final pose so they had 2 seconds left of music going, so really they didn't go over there music.

I hate math and the 'new' score without the time deduction has already been mentioned in this thread by someone else (I'm also too lazy to look) but to clear it up:

Panther's Day 1: 96.80 at 25% would be 24.2 points
Panther's Day 2: 97.70 at 75% would be 73.275
Total Score= 97.475 or 97.48 since NCA rounds up

Senior Elite Day 1: 96.40 at 25% would be 24.1 points
Senior Elite Day 1 without the time deduction: 96.90 would be 24.225
Senior Elite Day 2: 97.80 at 75% would be 73.35
Total Score= 97.45
Total Score without time deduction: 97.575 or 97.58 since NCA rounds up

Without the time deduction it would have gone
SE 97.58
Panthers 97.48

That is the meaning behind the comment; and the comments of other's who are questioning the time deduction, how it got past previous competitions, and most importantly, why CSP let it happen.

Not that it matters, I applaud the Panther's for a job well done.

Back to Abnormal Child Psychology---math hurts my head.

Thanks. I did Math based on raw scores and if....SE had no deductions AND Panthers had no deductions then my result wouldn't match yours. No worries just curious. In three weeks they will all meet again and we will more than likely have different new placements and new numbers to calculate.

Last edited:
Could be. I watched it live but haven't seen any video. I'll take a look.

And I think *several* programs' athletes and coaches need to chill on social media - ours included. ;)

absolutely!! That is why I am so thankful for friends who I have met in this space who I can talk to in private :) lol!

Back